Affiliation: North Shore University Hospital
- Workshop report: prevention of postoperative recurrence in Crohn's diseaseJames Markowitz
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Schneider Chidren s Hospital, North Shore LIJ Health System, New Hyde Park, NY 11040, and University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 41:145-51. 2005
- Corticosteroid therapy in the age of infliximab: acute and 1-year outcomes in newly diagnosed children with Crohn's diseaseJames Markowitz
North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, New Hyde Park, New York, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 4:1124-9. 2006..We also aimed to determine whether there are clinical or laboratory characteristics associated with corticosteroid therapy outcomes...
- Current treatment of inflammatory bowel disease in childrenJ Markowitz
NYU School of Medicine, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Schneider Children s Hospital, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, New Hyde Park, NY, USA
Dig Liver Dis 40:16-21. 2008..This review focuses on the evidence supporting the treatments currently used in children with inflammatory bowel disease, and suggests potential treatment algorithms for particular clinical circumstances...
- Age of diagnosis influences serologic responses in children with Crohn's disease: a possible clue to etiology?James Markowitz
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, North Shore, LIJ Health System, New Hyde Park, New York, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 15:714-9. 2009..Differences in immune response may offer clues to the pathogenesis of the disease. The aim was to examine the influence of age at diagnosis on the serologic response in children with CD...
- Ovarian hyperthecosis in the setting of portal hypertensionP W Speiser
Department of Pediatrics, North Shore University Hospital, New York University School of Medicine, Manhasset 11030, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 85:873-7. 2000..We conclude that precocious puberty and ovarian hyperthecosis were induced in this young girl by elevated circulating levels of sex hormones, a consequence of portasystemic shunting and impaired hepatic steroid metabolism...
- A perspective on inflammatory bowel disease in the child and adolescent at the turn of the millenniumC Haller
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, North Shore University Hospital, 300 Community Drive, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 3:263-71. 2001..Particular attention is paid to the expanded indications for the use of immunomodulatory therapy, and to the early published data regarding the safety and efficacy of treatment with infliximab...
- A multicenter trial of 6-mercaptopurine and prednisone in children with newly diagnosed Crohn's diseaseJ Markowitz
Department of Pediatrics, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, New York University School of Medicine, Manhasset, New York, USA
Gastroenterology 119:895-902. 2000..We report the results of a prospective, placebo-controlled, multicenter trial evaluating the combination of 6-MP and prednisone as therapy for children with newly diagnosed moderate-to-severe CD...