Affiliation: North Carolina
- Abortion and Islam: policies and practice in the Middle East and North AfricaLeila Hessini
Reprod Health Matters 15:75-84. 2007..More needs to be done to build on efforts to increase women's rights, engage community leaders, support progressive religious leaders and government officials and promote advocacy among health professionals...
- Global progress in abortion advocacy and policy: an assessment of the decade since ICPDLeila Hessini
Ipas, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Reprod Health Matters 13:88-100. 2005....
- Global policy change and women's access to safe abortion: the impact of the World Health Organization's guidance in AfricaLeila Hessini
Afr J Reprod Health 10:14-27. 2006..This paper reviews progress and lessons learned while drawing attention to the fragility of the progress made thus far and the key challenges that remain in ensuring access to safe abortion care for all African women...
- Conceptualising abortion stigmaAnuradha Kumar
Ipas, North Carolina, USA
Cult Health Sex 11:625-39. 2009..Finally, we propose a research agenda to reveal, measure and map the diverse manifestations of abortion stigma and its impact on women's health...
- The power dynamics perpetuating unsafe abortion in Africa: a feminist perspectiveTamara Braam
Sonke Development Agency, Johannesburg, 2001 South Africa
Afr J Reprod Health 8:43-51. 2004..Recommended solutions to shifting the power dynamics around the issue include a combination of public health, rights-based, legal reform and social justice approaches...