Raphael J Braga
Affiliation: North Shore University Hospital
- Anxiety comorbidity in schizophreniaRaphael J Braga
The Zucker Hillside Hospital, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Department of Psychiatry Research, Glen Oaks, NY, USA Department of Psychiatry, Hofstra North Shore LIJ School of Medicine at Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY, USA Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 210:1-7. 2013..However, additional work remains to be done on this issue before firm conclusions can be drawn. ..
- Cognitive and clinical outcomes associated with cannabis use in patients with bipolar I disorderRaphael J Braga
The Zucker Hillside Hospital, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Department of Psychiatry Research, Glen Oaks, NY, USA
Psychiatry Res 200:242-5. 2012..Interestingly, bipolar patients with history of CUD had better neurocognitive performance as compared to patients with no history of CUD...
- The MATRICS consensus cognitive battery in patients with bipolar I disorderKatherine E Burdick
Department of Psychiatry, The Zucker Hillside Hospital, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Glen Oaks, NY 11004, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 36:1587-92. 2011..Additional studies should address important psychometric features such as repeatability and potential practice and/or ceiling effects...
- Clinical and cognitive correlates of suicide attempts in bipolar disorder: is suicide predictable?Alison M Gilbert
Zucker Hillside Hospital, Glen Oaks, NY 11004, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 72:1027-33. 2011..We conducted a retrospective investigation of potential clinical, demographic, and neuropsychological risk factors for suicide attempts in patients diagnosed with bipolar disorder...
- The combined use of electroconvulsive therapy and antipsychotics in patients with schizophreniaRaphael J Braga
Psychiatry Research Department, The Zucker Hillside Hospital, North Shore LIJ Health System, Glen Oaks, New York, USA
J ECT 21:75-83. 2005..We sought to review the literature on the use of combined antipsychotic medications and electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) for the treatment of schizophrenia, with regard to efficacy, side effects, and ECT technique...
- Cognitive dysfunction in bipolar disorder: future place of pharmacotherapyKatherine E Burdick
Department of Psychiatry, The Zucker Hillside Hospital, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Glen Oaks, New York 11004, USA
CNS Drugs 21:971-81. 2007..Finally, psychosocial intervention and/or cognitive remediation should be considered as alternatives to medications, although these techniques will also require additional systematic study...
- Dopaminergic influences on emotional decision making in euthymic bipolar patientsKatherine E Burdick
Department of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 39:274-82. 2014..Our results suggest that the enhancement of dopaminergic activity influences risk-associated decision-making performance in euthymic BPD. The clinical implications remain unknown. ..
- [Somatic therapies for treatment-resistant psychiatric disorders]Raphael J Braga
Departamento de Psiquiatria, The Zucker Hillside Hospital, Glen Oaks, New York 11004, USA
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 29:S77-84. 2007..This paper reviews the current knowledge of somatic treatment in psychiatry, with a focus on treatment-resistant psychiatric disorders...
- Impulsivity in bipolar disorder: relationships with neurocognitive dysfunction and substance use historyRobyn L Powers
Department of Psychiatry Research, The Zucker Hillside Hospital North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Glen Oaks, USA
Bipolar Disord 15:876-84. 2013..Our objective was to assess the relationship between impulsivity and cognition in bipolar disorder...
- Anxiety disorders in schizophreniaRaphael J Braga
Psychiatry Research Department, The Zucker Hillside Hospital, North Shore LIJ Health System Glen Oaks, New York, NY 11004, USA
Compr Psychiatry 45:460-8. 2004..Large studies with operationalized criteria, as well as comprehensive assessments of treatment response and outcome are needed to clarify the relationship between anxiety disorders and schizophrenia...