J Pieter Noordzij
- Correlation of pH probe-measured laryngopharyngeal reflux with symptoms and signs of reflux laryngitisJ Pieter Noordzij
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, USA
Laryngoscope 112:2192-5. 2002..Laryngitis secondary to gastric acid reflux is a prevalent, yet incompletely understood, otolaryngological disorder. Further characterization of the relationship between symptoms and signs and reflux severity is needed...
- Airway compromise caused by hematoma after thyroid fine-needle aspirationJ Pieter Noordzij
Department of Surgery, Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Service, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Otolaryngol 26:398-9. 2005..The hematoma was successfully drained via a transcervical approach. In this case report, we also review the literature for the complication rate of this ubiquitous procedure...
- Anatomy and physiology of the larynxJ Pieter Noordzij
Vanderbilt Voice Center, Department of Otolaryngology, 7302 Medical Center East, South Tower 1215, 21st Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37232 8783, USA
Otolaryngol Clin North Am 39:1-10. 2006
- Coblation versus unipolar electrocautery tonsillectomy: a prospective, randomized, single-blind study in adult patientsJ Pieter Noordzij
Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Service, RAF Lakenheath U S Air Force Base, United Kingdom
Laryngoscope 116:1303-9. 2006....
- Prediction of hypocalcemia after using 1- to 6-hour postoperative parathyroid hormone and calcium levels: an analysis of pooled individual patient data from 3 observational studiesJeffrey Saad Jumaily
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Head Neck 32:427-34. 2010..In this study, we investigate the usefulness of combining calcium and PTH to increase the predictive power...
- Acute dysphonia secondary to vocal fold hemorrhage after vardenafil useVikas Singh
Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 7302 Medical Center East, South Tower, 1215 21st Ave South, Nashville, TN 37232 8783, USA
Ear Nose Throat J 89:E21-2. 2010..We report a case of vocal fold hemorrhage that occurred after vardenafil use in a 31-year-old man who was a professional singer...
- Comparison of efficacy, safety, and cost-effectiveness of in-office cup forcep biopsies versus operating room biopsies for laryngopharyngeal tumorsHarini Naidu
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Voice 26:604-6. 2012..To compare the diagnostic yield, safety, and cost of biopsies of laryngopharyngeal tumor performed in an office setting with those performed in the operating room (OR) under general anesthesia...
- Laryngeal injury from prolonged intubation: a prospective analysis of contributing factorsJoyce Colton House
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, Massachuetts, USA
Laryngoscope 121:596-600. 2011..This study sought to determine if duration of intubation, size of endotracheal tube, and/or type of endotracheal tube impact the degree of vocal fold immobility and other laryngeal injury upon extubation...
- Early prediction of hypocalcemia after thyroidectomy using parathyroid hormone: an analysis of pooled individual patient data from nine observational studiesJ Pieter Noordzij
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
J Am Coll Surg 205:748-54. 2007..Monitoring for hypocalcemia after thyroidectomy, using only symptoms and serum calcium levels, can delay the discharge of patients who will remain normocalcemic and can delay the treatment of hypocalcemic patients...
- Preparation techniques for the injection of human autologous cartilage: an ex vivo feasibility studyJ Pieter Noordzij
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Boston University Medical Center, 88 East Newton Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Laryngoscope 118:185-8. 2008..To determine the optimum donor site and preparation technique for injecting human autologous cartilage as a potentially permanent implant material for vocal fold medialization...
- Proton pump inhibitor therapy for suspected GERD-related chronic laryngitis: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsMohammed A Qadeer
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 101:2646-54. 2006..Hence, we performed a meta-analysis of the existing randomized controlled trials (RCTs) to evaluate the efficacy of PPIs in this disorder...