- An economic analysis of the Ottawa knee ruleG Nichol
Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Loeb Health Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Ann Emerg Med 34:438-47. 1999..To conduct an economic analysis of the implementation of the Ottawa Knee Rule...
- What is the quality of life for survivors of cardiac arrest? A prospective studyG Nichol
Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Loeb Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Acad Emerg Med 6:95-102. 1999..To evaluate the quality of life of survivors of in-hospital and out-of-hospital cardiac arrest, and to correlate quality of life with clinically important parameters...
- A cumulative meta-analysis of the effectiveness of defibrillator-capable emergency medical services for victims of out-of-hospital cardiac arrestG Nichol
Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Loeb Health Research Institute, Division of General Internal Medicine, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Ann Emerg Med 34:517-25. 1999....
- Meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials of the effectiveness of antiarrhythmic agents at promoting sinus rhythm in patients with atrial fibrillationG Nichol
Clinical Epidemiology Program, Ottawa Health Research Institute, Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Heart 87:535-43. 2002..To conduct a meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials to estimate the effectiveness of antiarrhythmic drugs at promoting sinus rhythm in patients with atrial fibrillation...
- Cost effectiveness of defibrillation by targeted responders in public settingsG Nichol
F699 Clinical Epidemiology Program, Ottawa Health Research Institute, Ottawa Hospital, 1053 Carling Ave, Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 4E9, Canada
Circulation 108:697-703. 2003..Therefore, this study estimated the incremental cost effectiveness of defibrillation by targeted nontraditional responders in public settings by using decision analysis...
- Choosing antithrombotic therapy for elderly patients with atrial fibrillation who are at risk for fallsM Man-Son-Hing
Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Arch Intern Med 159:677-85. 1999..To determine whether the risk of falling (with a possible increased chance of subdural hematoma) should influence the choice of antithrombotic therapy in elderly patients with atrial fibrillation...
- Impact of informed consent requirements on cardiac arrest research in the United States: exception from consent or from research?G Nichol
Clinical Epidemiology Program and Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, ON, Canada
Resuscitation 62:3-23. 2004..We systematically reviewed randomized trials over a 10-year period to assess the impact of these regulations...
- The effect of perioperative aspirin therapy in peripheral vascular surgery: a decision analysisD T Neilipovitz
Department of Anesthesiology, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Anesth Analg 93:573-80. 2001..83 to 14.89 yr and increased quality-adjusted life expectancy from 14.72 to 14.79 yr. Aspirin increased the number of hemorrhagic complications by 2.46%, primarily because of an increased incidence of non-life-threatening complications...