M J Yedidia
Affiliation: New York University
- Effect of communications training on medical student performanceMichael J Yedidia
Center for Health and Public Service Research, Robert F Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, and School of Medicine, New York University, and Medical Education Development, New York City, NY 10003, USA
JAMA 290:1157-65. 2003....
- Specific clinical competencies for managing care: views of residency directors and managed care medical directorsM J Yedidia
Center for Health and Public Service Research, Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, 726 Broadway, Fifth Floor, New York, NY 10003, USA
JAMA 284:1093-8. 2000..Curricular reform has been hampered by a failure to seek agreement about specific clinical competencies that are important to both managed care directors and medical educators...
- A survey of psychiatric residency directors on current priorities and preparation for public-sector careMichael J Yedidia
Graduate School of Public Health Service, New York University, 295 Lafayette Street, 2nd Floor, New York, New York 10012, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:238-43. 2006..This study assessed how resident psychiatrists are being prepared to deliver effective public-sector care...
- Learners as teachers: the conflicting roles of medical residentsM J Yedidia
Health Research Program, Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, New York University, NY 10003, USA
J Gen Intern Med 10:615-23. 1995....
- Changes in physicians' attitudes toward AIDS during residency training: a longitudinal study of medical school graduatesM J Yedidia
Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, New York University, NY 10003, USA
J Health Soc Behav 37:179-91. 1996..Accordingly, interventions must address structural characteristics that transcend AIDS-specific concerns...
- The impact of residency training on physicians' AIDS-related treatment practices: a longitudinal panel studyM J Yedidia
Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, New York University, New York 10003, USA
Acad Med 74:532-8. 1999..To determine the effects of aspects of residency training on AIDS-related treatment practices...
- Why aren't there more women leaders in academic medicine? the views of clinical department chairsM J Yedidia
Division of Institutional Planning and Development, Association of American Medical Colleges, Washington, DC, USA
Acad Med 76:453-65. 2001..To understand the barriers confronting women and potential remedies, clinical department chairs with extensive leadership experience were interviewed...
- Doctors as workers: work-hour regulations and interns' perceptions of responsibility, quality of care, and trainingM J Yedidia
Health Research Program, Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, New York University, NY 10003
J Gen Intern Med 8:429-35. 1993..They may conflict with the shared decision making and collective responsibility among peers necessitated by work-hour limitations and associated changes in program structure...
- The emotional consequences of false positive mammography: African-American women's reactions in their own wordsD K Padgett
Ehrenkranz School of Social Work, New York University, NY 10003, USA
Women Health 33:1-14. 2001..While more research is needed on message-framing strategies for women entering mammographic testing and follow-up, modest changes in service delivery such as improved medical communication can help to alleviate fears and enhance trust...
- Assessing residents' competency in care management: report of a consensus conferenceJohn G Frohna
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0368, USA
Teach Learn Med 16:77-84. 2004....
- Provider behaviors contributing to patient self-management of chronic illness among underserved populationsJessica Greene
Dept of Planning, Public Policy and Management, University of Oregon, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 16:808-24. 2005..The results provide evidence of the validity of our measure of provider support, its relevance to underserved populations, and its usefulness for evaluating quality of care...
- Transforming doctor-patient relationships to promote patient-centered care: lessons from palliative careMichael J Yedidia
Rutgers Center for State Health Policy, Institute for Health, Health Care Policy and Aging Research, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 33:40-57. 2007....
- The impact of implementing a chronic care residency training initiative on asthma outcomesJessica Greene
Department of Planning, Public Policy and Management, The University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon 97403, USA
Acad Med 82:161-7. 2007..To examine the impact of a chronic care residency training intervention on continuity clinic patients' asthma-related emergency department use and primary care residents' application of key elements of the Chronic Care Model (CCM)...
- How do family caregivers describe their needs for professional help?Michael J Yedidia
Rutgers Center for State Health Policy in New Brunswick, NJ, USA
Am J Nurs 108:35-7. 2008