Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: New York University
- Endothelin-1 production and agonist activities in cultured prostate-derived cells: implications for regulation of endothelin bioactivity and bioavailability in prostatic hyperplasiaP D Walden
Department of Urology, NYU Medical Center, New York 10016, USA
Prostate 34:241-50. 1998..The present study was designed to determine the effects of ET-1 on prostate cell growth and to examine the regulation of endogenous ET-1 activity and bioavailability...
- Mitogenic activation of human prostate-derived fibromuscular stromal cells by bradykininP D Walden
Department of Urology, NYU Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
Br J Pharmacol 127:220-6. 1999..In summary, the prostate contains a functional kallikrein-kinin system, which could be significant in physiological and pathophysiological prostate function...
- Lipid metabolism in phosphatidylinositol transfer protein alpha-deficient vibrator miceMarie E Monaco
Department of Urology, NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 317:444-50. 2004..No differences are observed in any aspect of lipid-mediated signal transduction...
- Chemoprevention strategies for prostate cancerMaarten C Bosland
Department of Environmental Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Eur J Cancer Prev 11:S18-27. 2002..Such trials are an essential step in the development of antiprostate cancer chemoprevention agents...
- Analysis of hormone-stimulated phosphatidylinositol synthesisMarie E Monaco
Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, New York University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
J Cell Physiol 194:151-61. 2003..Further study will be required to determine which isoform catalyzes hormone-induced resynthesis of PtdIns...
- BMP7 inhibits branching morphogenesis in the prostate gland and interferes with Notch signalingIrina B Grishina
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, VAMC, 423 East 23rd Street, 18064 South, New York, NY 10010, USA
Dev Biol 288:334-47. 2005..Based on our studies, we propose a model that BMP7 inhibits branching morphogenesis in the prostate and limits the number of domains with high Notch1/Hes1 activity...
- Induction of anoikis by doxazosin in prostate cancer cells is associated with activation of caspase-3 and a reduction of focal adhesion kinasePaul D Walden
New York University, School of Medicine, VET 18064S, 423 East 23rd Street, New York, NY 10010, USA
Urol Res 32:261-5. 2004..The apoptosis of cancer cells induced by doxazosin counteracts cell proliferation and may have the potential of retarding or reversing prostate cancer cell growth...
- ART-27, an androgen receptor coactivator regulated in prostate development and cancerSamir S Taneja
Departments of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Biol Chem 279:13944-52. 2004....
- Effect of neurokinins on canine prostate cell physiologyPaul D Walden
Department of Urology, NYU School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Prostate 63:358-68. 2005..This study was designed to evaluate the role of neurokinins in proliferation, differentiation, and contraction of canine prostate cells in culture...
- SOM230 inhibits insulin-like growth factor-I action in mammary gland development by pituitary independent mechanism: mediated through somatostatin subtype receptor 3?Weifeng Ruan
Neuroendocrine Unit, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Mol Endocrinol 20:426-36. 2006....
- The cooperative prostate cancer tissue resource: a specimen and data resource for cancer researchersJonathan Melamed
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:4614-21. 2004..This communication describes the CPCTR to investigators interested in obtaining prostate cancer tissue samples...
- Microtubule-associated serine/threonine kinase-205 kDa and Fc gamma receptor control IL-12 p40 synthesis and NF-kappa B activationHui Zhou
Immunobiology Center and Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Immunol 172:2559-68. 2004..Finally, macrophage FcgammaR ligation regulates MAST205 by inducing the rapid ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation of the protein...
- Mechanistic investigation of the adrenergic induction of ventral prostate hyperplasia in miceDorene Marinese
Department of Urology, NYU Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Prostate 54:230-7. 2003..The objective of the present study was to provide further insight into the mechanism of phenylephrine-induced prostate growth...
- Regulation of de novo phosphatidylinositol synthesisSamer J Nuwayhid
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Lipid Res 47:1449-56. 2006..Inhibition of protein kinase C activity blocks the stimulatory action of TPA on de novo synthesis of PtdIns but has no effect on TPA-induced inhibition. Potential sites of enzymatic regulation are discussed...
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia with prostate infiltration mediated by specific clonal membrane-bound IgMCarol A Bogdan
Medical Service, New York Harbor Healthcare System, New York 10010, USA
Cancer Res 63:2067-71. 2003....
- Evaluation of the adequacy of published studies of low-dose effects of bisphenol A on the rodent prostate for use in human risk assessmentHarry A Milman
ToxNetwork com, Rockville, Maryland 20853, USA
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 35:338-46. 2002....
- THE SYMPATHETIC NERVOUS SYSTEM AND PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIAPaul Walden; Fiscal Year: 2002..The second system is the spontaneously hypertensive rat, an animal model that displays elevated sympathetic activity with concomitant prostatic hyperplasia. ..