Affiliation: New England Biolabs
- Molecular evidence for a functional ecdysone signaling system in Brugia malayiGeorge Tzertzinis
New England Biolabs, Ipswich, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 4:e625. 2010..In insects, ecdysone triggers molting through the activation of the ecdysone receptor: a heterodimer of EcR (ecdysone receptor) and USP (Ultraspiracle)...
- An EcR homolog from the filarial parasite, Dirofilaria immitis requires a ligand-activated partner for transactivationCathy Shea
New England Biolabs, 240 County Road, Ipswich, MA 01839, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 171:55-63. 2010..However, unlike most insect EcRs, DiEcR requires a ligand-activated RXR partner to exhibit ligand-dependent transcriptional activation of a reporter gene in tissue culture...
- An rxr/usp homolog from the parasitic nematode, Dirofilaria immitisCathy Shea
New England Biolabs, 32 Tozer Road, Beverly, MA 01915, USA
Gene 324:171-82. 2004..By Northern blot analysis, Di-rxr-1 mRNA is detected in adult females, but not in males. This is the first characterization of a nematode rxr/usp...
- E. coli RNase III(E38A) generates discrete-sized products from long dsRNAJianping Xiao
New England Biolabs, Ipswich, Massachusetts 01938, USA
RNA 15:984-91. 2009..The RNA interference activity suggests that the 23-bp dsRNA product has typical 2-nucleotide 3' overhangs and behaves as siRNA thereby making it a useful tool in RNA interference experiments...
- Controlled expression of functional miR-122 with a ligand inducible expression systemCathy M Shea
RNA Biology Division, New England Biolabs, 240 County Road, Ipswich, MA, USA
BMC Biotechnol 10:76. 2010..Systems employing constitutive RNA polymerase II promoters have been used to express miRNAs. However, for many experimental systems these methods do not offer sufficient control over expression...
- Substrate cooperativity in marine luciferasesGeorge Tzertzinis
New England Biolabs, Inc, Ipswich, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e40099. 2012..The consequences of these enzyme responses are discussed...
- Determination of silencing potency of synthetic and RNase III-generated siRNA using a secreted luciferase assayJean Etienne Morlighem
New England Biolabs, Ipswich, MA 01938, USA
Biotechniques 42:599-600, 602, 604-6. 2007..These results suggest that one advantage of using enzymatic complex siRNA mixtures for RNAi is that, unlike single synthetic siRNAs, selecting a target region is not important to ensure potency...