Alex S Stagnaro-Green
Affiliation: New Jersey
- Applying adult learning principles to medical education in the United StatesAlex Stagnaro-Green
UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Newark 07107 3000, USA
Med Teach 26:79-85. 2004..The present paper concludes with suggestions for medical education reform that incorporates the principles of adult learning and discusses the major impediment to curricular reform...
- Thyroid autoimmunity and the risk of miscarriageAlex Stagnaro-Green
UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, 185 South Orange Avenue, MSB C 652, Newark, NJ 07101, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 18:167-81. 2004..Uncontrolled studies assessing the effect of levothyroxine on decreasing the miscarriage rate in euthyroid antibody positive women, have demonstrated a decreased miscarriage rate...
- Postpartum thyroiditisAlex Stagnaro-Green
UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, 185 South Orange Avenue, MSB C 652, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 18:303-16. 2004..Women with a TSH greater than 10 mU/l, or between 4 and 10 mU/l with symptoms or attempting pregnancy, require thyroid hormone replacement. Whether or not to screen for PPT remains controversial...
- The thyroid and pregnancy: a novel risk factor for very preterm deliveryAlex Stagnaro-Green
Department of Medicine, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, 185 South Orange Avenue, Newark, NJ 17101 6035, USA
Thyroid 15:351-7. 2005..There were no significant associations between TSH level or thyroglobulin antibody positivity and the risk of moderately preterm delivery...
- Use of flawed multiple-choice items by the New England Journal of Medicine for continuing medical educationAlex S Stagnaro-Green
UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ 17103, USA
Med Teach 28:566-8. 2006..Each multiple-choice item reviewed had at least three item flaws, with a mean of 5.1 and a range of 3 to 7. The results of this study demonstrate that the NEJM uses flawed MCQs in its weekly CME program...
- Treatment of clinical hypothyroidism with thyroxine and triiodothyronine: a literature review and metaanalysisRussell T Joffe
Department of Psychiatry, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ, USA, and Sunnybrook Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Psychosomatics 48:379-84. 2007..Their analysis reveals no significant difference in treatment effect on psychiatric symptoms in the nine controlled studies to date...
- Thyroid disease and pregnancy: degrees of knowledgeMarie D Rinaldi
Department of Education, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey, USA
Thyroid 17:747-53. 2007..The objective of the present study was to determine the level of knowledge of endocrinologists, obstetrician/gynecologists, internists, and family physicians in regard to thyroid disease and pregnancy...