Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: New York University School of Medicine
- Upper urinary tract anomalies and perinatal renal tumorsEllen Shapiro
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, 150 32nd Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10017, USA Electronic address
Clin Perinatol 41:679-94. 2014..To understand renal agenesis and other congenital renal malformations and their associated anomalies, a brief review of normal renal development is presented. ..
- Clinical implications of genitourinary embryologyEllen Shapiro
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Curr Opin Urol 19:427-33. 2009..This review focuses on recent advances in molecular embryology of the upper and lower urinary tract with an emphasis on clinical correlation in order to gain a better understanding for the mechanism of congenital anomalies...
- Bmp7 functions via a polarity mechanism to promote cloacal septationKun Xu
Department of Urology, School of Medicine, New York University, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e29372. 2012..Defects in cloacal development are very common and present clinically as a rectourethral fistula in about 1 in 5,000 live human births. Yet, the cellular mechanisms of cloacal septation remain poorly understood...
- Differentiation of the ductal epithelium and smooth muscle in the prostate gland are regulated by the Notch/PTEN-dependent mechanismXinyu Wu
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, 423 East 23rd Street, New York, NY 10010, USA
Dev Biol 356:337-49. 2011..In addition, we found that both positive and negative modulation of Notch signaling results in abnormal organization of the prostate tissue, and can contribute to prostate disease in the adult organ...
- The Stress-response protein prostate-associated gene 4, interacts with c-Jun and potentiates its transactivationKrithika Rajagopalan
Department of Urology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1842:154-63. 2014..To our knowledge, this is the first report demonstrating crosstalk between a CTA and a proto-oncogene. Disrupting PAGE4/c-Jun interactions using small molecules may represent a novel therapeutic strategy for PCa. ..
- LEF1 identifies androgen-independent epithelium in the developing prostateXinyu Wu
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, 423 East 23rd Street, New York, New York 10010, USA
Mol Endocrinol 25:1018-26. 2011..We conclude that Wnt/Lef1 activity identifies an androgen-independent population of prostate progenitors, which is important for embryonic development and organ maintenance and regeneration in the adult...
- Stromal androgen receptor in prostate development and cancerMandeep Singh
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York
Am J Pathol 184:2598-607. 2014..From a translational perspective, it generates the need to re-examine the current therapeutic options and opens a fundamental new direction for therapeutic interventions, especially in advanced PCa. ..
- Urothelial tumor initiation requires deregulation of multiple signaling pathways: implications in target-based therapiesHaiping Zhou
Department of Urology, NYU Cancer Institute, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Carcinogenesis 33:770-80. 2012....
- Bmp7 expression and null phenotype in the urogenital system suggest a role in re-organization of the urethral epitheliumXinyu Wu
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, 423 East 23rd Street 18064 South, New York, NY 10010, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 9:224-30. 2009..Together, our analysis of Bmp7 expression and the null phenotype, indicates that Bmp7 may play an important role in re-organization of the epithelium during cloacal septation and morphogenesis of the genital tubercle...