Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: New York University School of Medicine
- Clinical implications of genitourinary embryologyEllen Shapiro
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Curr Opin Urol 19:427-33. 2009..This review focuses on recent advances in molecular embryology of the upper and lower urinary tract with an emphasis on clinical correlation in order to gain a better understanding for the mechanism of congenital anomalies...
- Bmp7 functions via a polarity mechanism to promote cloacal septationKun Xu
Department of Urology, School of Medicine, New York University, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e29372. 2012..Defects in cloacal development are very common and present clinically as a rectourethral fistula in about 1 in 5,000 live human births. Yet, the cellular mechanisms of cloacal septation remain poorly understood...
- Differentiation of the ductal epithelium and smooth muscle in the prostate gland are regulated by the Notch/PTEN-dependent mechanismXinyu Wu
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, 423 East 23rd Street, New York, NY 10010, USA
Dev Biol 356:337-49. 2011..In addition, we found that both positive and negative modulation of Notch signaling results in abnormal organization of the prostate tissue, and can contribute to prostate disease in the adult organ...
- The Stress-response protein prostate-associated gene 4, interacts with c-Jun and potentiates its transactivationKrithika Rajagopalan
Department of Urology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1842:154-63. 2014..To our knowledge, this is the first report demonstrating crosstalk between a CTA and a proto-oncogene. Disrupting PAGE4/c-Jun interactions using small molecules may represent a novel therapeutic strategy for PCa. ..
- LEF1 identifies androgen-independent epithelium in the developing prostateXinyu Wu
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, 423 East 23rd Street, New York, New York 10010, USA
Mol Endocrinol 25:1018-26. 2011..We conclude that Wnt/Lef1 activity identifies an androgen-independent population of prostate progenitors, which is important for embryonic development and organ maintenance and regeneration in the adult...
- Urothelial tumor initiation requires deregulation of multiple signaling pathways: implications in target-based therapiesHaiping Zhou
Department of Urology, NYU Cancer Institute, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Carcinogenesis 33:770-80. 2012....
- Bmp7 expression and null phenotype in the urogenital system suggest a role in re-organization of the urethral epitheliumXinyu Wu
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, 423 East 23rd Street 18064 South, New York, NY 10010, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 9:224-30. 2009..Together, our analysis of Bmp7 expression and the null phenotype, indicates that Bmp7 may play an important role in re-organization of the epithelium during cloacal septation and morphogenesis of the genital tubercle...