Affiliation: New York University
- Hepatoportal venopathy due to disseminated Mycobacterium avium complex infection in a child with IFN-gamma receptor 2 deficiencyAmy V Rapkiewicz
Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Virchows Arch 451:95-100. 2007..We herein report a case of a child with autosomal recessive IFN-gamma receptor 2 (IFN-gammaR2) deficiency who developed hepatic venopathy secondary to disseminated Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) infection...
- Cytomorphologic examination of anaplastic large cell lymphoma by fine-needle aspiration cytologyAmy Rapkiewicz
Department of Pathology, New York University, New York City, New York 10016, USA
Cancer 111:499-507. 2007..The current series is the largest case series presented to date to retrospectively review the cytomorpholgic findings noted in patients with ALCL, with specific attention paid to those with anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK)-negative ALCL...
- Encapsulated anaplastic thyroid carcinoma transformed from follicular carcinoma: a case reportAmy Rapkiewicz
Department of Pathology, New York University Bellevue Hospital, 462 First Avenue, Room 4S17A, New York, New York 10016, USA
Acta Cytol 53:332-6. 2009..The coexistence of ATC and differentiated or poorly differentiated thyroid carcinoma has been described and usually is diagnosed when the disease is locally advanced...
- The needle in the haystack: application of breast fine-needle aspirate samples to quantitative protein microarray technologyAmy Rapkiewicz
Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cancer 111:173-84. 2007..Reverse-phase protein microarray (RPPM) technology has been applied successfully to the quantitative analysis of breast, ovarian, prostate, and colorectal cancers using frozen surgical specimens...
- Spectrum of head and neck lesions diagnosed by fine-needle aspiration cytology in the pediatric populationAmy Rapkiewicz
Department of Pathology, New York University, New York, New York 10016, USA
Cancer 111:242-51. 2007..The high specificity of FNAC allows the clinician to be confident of malignancy in a clinically suspicious lesion of the head and neck in a pediatric patient...
- Cytology of metastatic prostate cancer following orchiectomy and antiandrogen therapy: a diagnostic challengeAmy Rapkiewicz
Department of Cytopathology, New York University, New York, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 36:499-502. 2008..We describe the cytologic appearance of metastatic prostate carcinoma following both surgical castration and androgen deprivation therapy...
- Current utilization of breast FNA in a cytology practiceAylin Simsir
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 37:140-2. 2009....
- ALK-negative anaplastic large cell lymphoma mimicking a soft tissue sarcomaRachel Hudacko
Department of Pathology, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York City, USA
J Cytol 28:230-3. 2011..Therefore, it must be considered in the differential diagnosis of lesions with pleomorphism, anaplasia, and wreath-like or horseshoe-shaped nuclei to ensure that adequate material is obtained for ancillary studies...
- Manual exfoliation of fresh tissue obviates the need for frozen sections for molecular profilingWilfrido D Mojica
Department of Pathology, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14203, USA
Cancer 105:483-91. 2005..This simple, rapid, nonfixative based technique is capable of preparing cells from human clinical material for further isolation without compromising the preservation of macromolecules in the tissue...
- Biomarkers of ovarian tumoursAmy V Rapkiewicz
Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1500, USA
Eur J Cancer 40:2604-12. 2004..Here, we review the studies that are involved in biomarker development for the detection of ovarian cancer...