FRANCESCO B RAMIREZ
Affiliation: New Jersey
- Transcriptional regulation of the human alpha2(I) collagen gene (COL1A2), an informative model system to study fibrotic diseasesFrancesco Ramirez
Child Health Institute of New Jersey, Robert W Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Matrix Biol 25:365-72. 2006..These transcriptional studies have also an additional value in translational research, in that they are providing the conceptual means to develop new animal models of and therapeutic strategies for fibrotic diseases...
- Marfan syndrome: from molecular pathogenesis to clinical treatmentFrancesco Ramirez
Child Health Institute of New Jersey, Robert W Johnson Medical School, 89 French Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA corrected
Curr Opin Genet Dev 17:252-8. 2007..More generally, these studies have established that Marfan syndrome is part of a group of developmental disorders with broad and complex effects on morphogenesis, homeostasis and organ function...
- Extracellular microfibrils in development and diseaseF Ramirez
Department of Pediatrics, Child Health Institute of New Jersey, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 89 French Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 64:2437-46. 2007..These observations have paved the way to novel therapeutic approaches aimed at counteracting the life-threatening complications in human conditions caused by dysfunctions of fibrillin-rich microfibrils...
- Fibrillin-rich microfibrils: Structural determinants of morphogenetic and homeostatic eventsFrancesco Ramirez
Child Health Institute of New Jersey, Robert W Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New York 08901, USA
J Cell Physiol 213:326-30. 2007..This review summarizes our current understanding of the role of fibrillin-rich microfibrils in development and disease, as well as exciting new applications in the clinical management of MFS and related connective tissue disorders...
- ARCHITECTURAL MICROFIBRILS IN BONE PHYSIOLOGYFrancesco Ramirez; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Skyscan 1172 ex-vivo microComputed Tomography SystemFrancesco Ramirez; Fiscal Year: 2007..Acquisition of this equipment will enable our institutions to engage in biomedical research highly relevant to pathophysiological processes and animal models of human diseases. ..
- Pathophysiology of Basement Membrane Zone CollagensFrancesco Ramirez; Fiscal Year: 2007....