Catherine B Poole
Affiliation: New England Biolabs
- Subtilisin-like proteases in nematodesCatherine B Poole
New England Biolabs, 240 County Road, Ipswich, MA 01938, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 155:1-8. 2007....
- Cloning and bioinformatic identification of small RNAs in the filarial nematode, Brugia malayiCatherine B Poole
New England Biolabs, 240 County Rd, Ipswich, MA 01938, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 169:87-94. 2010..malayi uses an RNAi mechanism to maintain genome integrity. Analysis of these data provides a first glimpse into how small RNA-mediated silencing pathways regulate the parasitic life cycle of B. malayi...
- Protein mediated miRNA detection and siRNA enrichment using p19Jingmin Jin
New England Biolabs, Ipswich, MA 01938, USA
Biotechniques 48:xvii-xxiii. 2010..These studies demonstrate the potential of p19 fusion protein to detect miRNAs and isolate endogenous siRNAs...
- Diversity and expression of microRNAs in the filarial parasite, Brugia malayiCatherine B Poole
Division of RNA Biology, New England Biolabs, Ipswich, Massachusetts, United States of America Division of Parasitology, New England Biolabs, Ipswich, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e96498. 2014..Characterization of B. malayi miRNAs and their targets will enhance our understanding of their regulatory pathways in filariads and aid in the search for novel therapeutics...
- Expanding the MDx toolbox for filarial diagnosis and surveillanceAndy Alhassan
Division of Genome Biology, New England Biolabs, Ipswich, MA 01938, USA
Trends Parasitol 31:391-400. 2015..We briefly describe recent developments in isothermal nucleic acid amplification and detection, and focus on emerging technologies that are field-deployable or suitable for low-resource settings. ..
- Cloning and biochemical characterization of blisterase, a subtilisin-like convertase from the filarial parasite, Onchocerca volvulusCatherine B Poole
Molecular Parasitology Division, New England Biolabs, Beverly, Massachusetts 01915, USA
J Biol Chem 278:36183-90. 2003..This report describes the first biochemical characterization of the nematode specific protease, blisterase...
- A target repurposing approach identifies N-myristoyltransferase as a new candidate drug target in filarial nematodesBrendan D Galvin
New England Biolabs, Division of Genome Biology, Ipswich, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 8:e3145. 2014..These results suggest that targeting NMT could be a valid approach for the development of chemotherapeutic agents against nematode diseases including filariasis. ..
- Diagnosis of brugian filariasis by loop-mediated isothermal amplificationCatherine B Poole
New England Biolabs, Ipswich, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 6:e1948. 2012..The results indicate that the Brugia Hha I repeat LAMP assay is rapid, sensitive and Brugia-specific with the potential to be developed further as a field tool for diagnosis and mapping of brugian filariasis...