Genomes and Genes
Harvey I Pass
Affiliation: New York University
- Fibulin-3 as a blood and effusion biomarker for pleural mesotheliomaHarvey I Pass
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, New York University Langone Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
N Engl J Med 367:1417-27. 2012..We investigated whether fibulin-3 in plasma and pleural effusions could meet sensitivity and specificity criteria for a robust biomarker...
- Fra-1 governs cell migration via modulation of CD44 expression in human mesotheliomasMaria E Ramos-Nino
Department of Pathology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington VT 05405, USA
Mol Cancer 6:81. 2007..These results suggest that Fra-1 is associated with cell migration in human MMs and that Fra-1 modulation of CD44 may govern migration of selected MMs...
- Mechanisms of FUS1/TUSC2 deficiency in mesothelioma and its tumorigenic transcriptional effectsAlla V Ivanova
Hematology Oncology Division, Vanderbilt Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA
Mol Cancer 8:91. 2009..The goal of this study was to analyze possible involvement of TUSC2 in malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) - an aggressive inflammatory cancer associated with exposure to asbestos...
- National Mesothelioma Virtual Bank: a standard based biospecimen and clinical data resource to enhance translational researchWaqas Amin
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
BMC Cancer 8:236. 2008..The National Mesothelioma Virtual Bank is an initiative which collects annotated datasets relevant to human mesothelioma to develop an enterprising biospecimen resource to fulfill researchers' need...
- The development and deployment of Common Data Elements for tissue banks for translational research in cancer - an emerging standard based approach for the Mesothelioma Virtual Tissue BankSambit K Mohanty
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
BMC Cancer 8:91. 2008....
- Medical registries: continued attempts for robust quality dataHarvey I Pass
Division of Thoracic Surgery and Thoracic Oncology, NYU Langone Medical Center, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, New York, New York, USA
J Thorac Oncol 5:S198-9. 2010..There are a number of sources of error in registry formation. This brief review summarizes the errors that could influence the quality of the data in a registry and points out methods that could decrease those errors...
- hsa-miR-29c* is linked to the prognosis of malignant pleural mesotheliomaHarvey I Pass
Thoracic Surgery, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, New York 10016, USA
Cancer Res 70:1916-24. 2010..A single miR has the potential to be a prognostic biomarker in mesothelioma, and validation of these findings as well as investigation of its downstream targets may give insight for potential therapies in the future...
- Soluble mesothelin-related peptide level elevation in mesothelioma serum and pleural effusionsHarvey I Pass
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Division of Thoracic Surgery, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 85:265-72; discussion 272. 2008..Soluble mesothelin-related peptide (SMRP) is a potential marker for malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM), which may be useful for screening high-risk asbestos-exposed individuals...
- Asbestos exposure, pleural mesothelioma, and serum osteopontin levelsHarvey I Pass
Department of Surgery, Wayne State University, Karmanos Cancer Institute, John A Dingell Veterans Hospital, Detroit, Mich, USA
N Engl J Med 353:1564-73. 2005....
- A phase II trial of tetrathiomolybdate after surgery for malignant mesothelioma: final resultsHarvey I Pass
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 86:383-9; discussion 390. 2008..We hypothesized that cytoreduction of malignant pleural mesothelioma followed by TM will delay time to progression...
- Current status of screening for malignant pleural mesotheliomaHarvey I Pass
Division of Thoracic Surgery and Thoracic Oncology, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, New York 10016, USA
Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 21:97-104. 2009....
- Multicenter phase II trial of neoadjuvant pemetrexed plus cisplatin followed by extrapleural pneumonectomy and radiation for malignant pleural mesotheliomaLee M Krug
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3007-13. 2009....
- Functional heterogeneity of osteopontin isoforms in non-small cell lung cancerChandra M V Goparaju
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, New York University School of Medicine, New York City, New York 10016, USA
J Thorac Oncol 5:1516-23. 2010..Moreover, the role of the three known mRNA isoforms (OPNa, OPNb, and OPNc) has not been reported. We hypothesize that OPN isoforms play different roles in determining the metastatic potential of NSCLC...
- Extrapleural pneumonectomy versus pleurectomy/decortication in the surgical management of malignant pleural mesothelioma: results in 663 patientsRaja M Flores
Thoracic Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 135:620-6, 626.e1-3. 2008..We performed a multi-institutional study to increase statistical power to detect significant differences in outcome between extrapleural pneumonectomy and pleurectomy/decortication...
- Genomic events associated with progression of pleural malignant mesotheliomaSergey V Ivanov
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Thoracic Surgery Laboratory, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Int J Cancer 124:589-99. 2009..2), FUS1 and PL6 (3p21.3), DNAJA1 (9p21.1) and CDH2 (18q11.2-q12.3). Imbalances seen by ROMA were confirmed by Affymetrix genome analysis in a subset of samples...
- Initial experience with endobronchial ultrasound in an academic thoracic surgery programCostas S Bizekis
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, New York University Langone Medical Center, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 11:25-9. 2010..Recent literature found an early learning curve for this technique. We present the initial experience of 4 thoracic surgeons with the procedure...
- Gene expression profiles predict survival and progression of pleural mesotheliomaHarvey I Pass
Thoracic Oncology, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:849-59. 2004..We hypothesized that gene expression profiles could predict time to progression and survival in surgically cytoreduced pleural mesothelioma of all stages...
- Withaferin A inhibits the proteasome activity in mesothelioma in vitro and in vivoHuanjie Yang
Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e41214. 2012..Together our in vitro and in vivo studies suggest that WA suppresses MPM growth by targeting multiple pathways that include blockage of proteasome activity and stimulation of apoptosis, and thus holds promise as an anti-MPM agent...
- Protumorigenic role of HAPLN1 and its IgV domain in malignant pleural mesotheliomaAlla V Ivanova
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Langone School of Medicine, New York University, New York, New York, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:2602-11. 2009..We find that one of the ECM proteins, HAPLN1, is overexpressed in the majority of mesotheliomas. This study was designed to characterize the protumorigenic role of HAPLN1 in mesothelioma...
- Curcumin suppresses growth of mesothelioma cells in vitro and in vivo, in part, by stimulating apoptosisYing Wang
John D Dingell VA Medical Center, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, VAMC, 4646 John R, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 357:83-94. 2011..Our studies provide a proof-of-principle rationale for further in-depth analysis of MPM growth suppression mechanisms and their future exploitation in effective management of resistant MPM...
- Nuclear, compared with combined nuclear and cytoplasmic expression of maspin, is linked in lung adenocarcinoma to reduced VEGF-A levels and in Stage I, improved survivalAmy Frey
Department of Pathology, Harper University Hospital, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Histopathology 54:590-7. 2009....
- Overexpression of EPH receptor B2 in malignant mesothelioma correlates with oncogenic behaviorChandra Goparaju
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, New York University Langone Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Thorac Oncol 8:1203-11. 2013..This study describes the overexpression of Ephrin B2 receptor (EPHB2) in MM cell lines and tumors, and the effect of its manipulation on proliferative and invasive qualities of the disease...
- Lung cancer osteopontin isoforms exhibit angiogenic functional heterogeneityJustin D Blasberg
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 139:1587-93. 2010..We hypothesize that osteopontin isoforms (OPNa, OPNb, and OPNc) have divergent roles in non-small-cell lung cancer angiogenesis and divergent impact on vascular endothelial growth factor secretion...
- Current concepts in malignant pleural mesotheliomaAndrew J Kaufman
New York University Medical Center, Department of Surgery, 550 First Avenue, NBV 15N1, New York, NY 10016, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 8:293-303. 2008..Treatment options for MPM remain limited and no consensus exists at this time. Multimodality therapy that combines surgery, chemotherapy and radiation offers the best chance for long-term survival in select patients...
- Surgery for bronchioloalveolar carcinoma and "very early" adenocarcinoma: an evolving standard of care?Valerie W Rusch
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Thorac Oncol 1:S27-31. 2006..To improve our management of very early AC, much more information is needed about the molecular abnormalities of AC and their relationship to clinical outcomes...
- Identification of intelectin overexpression in malignant pleural mesothelioma by serial analysis of gene expression (SAGE)Anil Wali
Thoracic Oncology Program, Karmanos Cancer Institute, and John D Dingell VA Medical Center, Wayne State University, 3990 John R, Suite 2102, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Lung Cancer 48:19-29. 2005..Intelectin overexpression in mesothelioma could have potential screening, and therapeutic implications...
- Disulfiram suppresses growth of the malignant pleural mesothelioma cells in part by inducing apoptosisVino T Cheriyan
Department of Oncology, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, United States of America John D Dingell VA Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e93711. 2014..Post-translational modification of podoplanin and cleavage of vimentin by DSF-Cu underscore a metastasis inhibitory property of this agent and together with our in vivo studies underscore its potential as an anti-MPM agent. ..
- Reduction of elevated plasma osteopontin levels with resection of non-small-cell lung cancerJustin D Blasberg
New York University School of Medicine, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, 530 First Ave, Suite 9V, New York, NY 10016 USA
J Clin Oncol 28:936-41. 2010..CONCLUSION Plasma OPN levels are elevated in early-stage NSCLC. They are reduced after resection and appear to increase with recurrence. Plasma OPN may have utility as a biomarker in early-stage NSCLC...
- Tumorigenic properties of alternative osteopontin isoforms in mesotheliomaSergey V Ivanov
Thoracic Surgery Laboratory, Cardiothoracic Surgery Department, NYU Langone Medical Center, 462 First Ave, Bellevue Hospital, Room 15N20, NY 10016, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 382:514-8. 2009..These findings suggest different functions for SPP1 isoforms and underline pro-tumorigenic properties of isoforms A and B...
- Targeted proteasome inhibition by Velcade induces apoptosis in human mesothelioma and breast cancer cell linesYing Wang
John D Dingell VA Medical Center, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, VAMC, 4646 John R, Detroit, MI, 48201, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 66:455-66. 2010..Although proteasome inhibitor Velcade (Bortezomib) has been under clinical investigation for a number of cancers, limited preclinical studies with this agent have thus far been conducted in HBC and MPM malignancies...
- Maspin nuclear localization is linked to favorable morphological features in pulmonary adenocarcinomaFulvio Lonardo
Department of Pathology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Harper University Hospital and the Karmanos Cancer Institute, 3990 John R, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Lung Cancer 51:31-9. 2006..These data support the hypothesis that nuclear localization of maspin may stratify subtypes of NSCLC with favorable clinical-pathological features...
- Malignant mesothelioma 2008Michael D Zervos
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Division of Thoracic Surgery, New York University School of Medicine, New York, USA
Curr Opin Pulm Med 14:303-9. 2008....
- Frequency of use and predictors of cancer-directed surgery in the management of malignant pleural mesothelioma in a community-based (Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results [SEER]) populationRaja M Flores
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Thorac Oncol 5:1649-54. 2010..This study evaluates the frequency of use and predictors of cancer-directed surgical intervention in a nontertiary-based population and the predictors for surgical intervention...
- Surgical approach to locally advanced non-small cell lung cancerJessica S Donington
NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Cancer J 19:217-21. 2013..Significant controversy exists regarding which patients with potentially resectable N2 should receive surgery and how to best integrate a resection with chemotherapy and radiation...
- Integration of multimodality approaches in the management of malignant pleural mesotheliomaDerlis Martino
Cardiothoracic Surgery, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 5:290-8. 2004..In this article, we will illustrate the current views on integrating these different approaches and delineate areas of active research...
- Computerized tomographic nodule heterogeneity: present and future impact on indications for sublobar resectionsHarvey I Pass
Department of Surgery and Oncology, Wayne State University and Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 6:20-7. 2004....
- A phase I study of Foscan-mediated photodynamic therapy and surgery in patients with mesotheliomaJoseph S Friedberg
Department of Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 4283, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 75:952-9. 2003..The purpose of the study was to define the toxicities and to determine the maximally tolerated dose (MTD) of Foscan-mediated PDT...
- Novel combinations using pemetrexed in malignant mesotheliomaShirish M Gadgeel
Wayne State University Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 5:S61-6. 2004..This article summarizes the data regarding pemetrexed in the treatment of malignant mesothelioma and the potential novel combinations involving the drug that may be used in the future for the treatment of the disease...
- Malignant pleural mesotheliomaHarvey I Pass
Department of Surgery, Wayne State University Medical School, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Curr Probl Cancer 28:93-174. 2004
- CARP-1 functional mimetics are a novel class of small molecule inhibitors of malignant pleural mesothelioma cellsShazia Jamal
John D Dingell VA Medical Center, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, United States of America Department of Oncology, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e89146. 2014....
- Mediastinal staging 2005: pictures, scopes, and scalpelsHarvey I Pass
Thoracic Oncology Section, Multidisciplinary Lung Team, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI, USA
Semin Oncol 32:269-78. 2005....
- Evidence of an important role for SV40 in mesotheliomaHarvey I Pass
Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Harper Hospital, 3990 John R, Suite 2102, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Thorac Surg Clin 14:489-95. 2004..Unfortunately, the causality issues have been stuck to the issue like a remora on a shark. It is time to study the remora, but our priorities should be on taming the shark...
- Sublobar resection: a movement from the Lung Cancer Study GroupJustin D Blasberg
Department of Surgery, St Luke s Roosevelt Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
J Thorac Oncol 5:1583-93. 2010..This review summarizes the literature from the past 15 years to assist in applying those conclusions to future research innovation...
- Disseminated malignant solitary fibrous tumor of the pleuraHongquan Zhang
Department of Pathology, Harper University Hospital, Wayne State University and Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Pathol Int 54:111-5. 2004....
- Ranpirnase as a potential antitumor ribonuclease treatment for mesothelioma and other malignanciesAmanda K Beck
New York University School of Medicine, 530 First Ave, Suite 9V, New York, NY 10016, USA
Future Oncol 4:341-9. 2008..Owing to its selective destruction of malignant cells and favorable toxicology profile, ranpirnase is a promising antitumor agent with ideal attributes that are generally lacking in conventional cytotoxic drugs...
- CSPG4 as a target of antibody-based immunotherapy for malignant mesotheliomaZeyana Rivera
University of Hawai i Cancer Center, HI, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:5352-63. 2012..Therefore, we explored CSPG4 as a suitable target for monoclonal antibody (mAb)-based immunotherapy for MM...
- Biomarkers and molecular testing for early detection, diagnosis, and therapeutic prediction of lung cancerHarvey I Pass
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, NYU Langone Medical Center, 530 First Avenue, 9V, New York, NY 10016, USA
Thorac Surg Clin 23:211-24. 2013..The future of biomarker discovery as a means of tailoring therapy for patients with lung cancer will involve next-generation sequencing along with collaborative efforts to integrate and validate candidate markers...
- Human lung cancer cells and tissues partially recapitulate the homeobox gene expression profile of embryonic lungJohn F Lechner
Thoracic Oncology, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI, USA
Lung Cancer 37:41-7. 2002..Thus, whereas re-expression of some of the embryo-specific HOX genes is a common feature of lung cancer, tumors do not faithfully recapitulate the expression pattern of cells that participate in the early stages of lung development...
- The role of imaging in malignant pleural mesotheliomaEdith M Marom
Department of Radiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Semin Oncol 29:26-35. 2002..Following patients after therapy usually relies on chest radiographs, although CT can more accurately describe response to therapy. This review will focus on radiologic evaluation in diagnosing, staging, and follow-up patients with MPM...
- Cellular and molecular parameters of mesotheliomaMaria E Ramos-Nino
Department of Pathology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
J Cell Biochem 98:723-34. 2006..These mechanistic approaches offer new hope for early detection and treatment of these devastating tumors...
- Pleural mesothelioma in 2002: going somewhere very slowlyHarvey I Pass
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 124:1074-7. 2002
- Spindle cell tumors of the pleura: differential diagnosisMonica Rdzanek
Thoracic Oncology Program, Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola University, Maywood, Illinois, USA
Semin Diagn Pathol 23:44-55. 2006....
- MESOMARK: a potential test for malignant pleural mesotheliomaHeather L Beyer
Research and Development Division, Fujirebio Diagnostics, Inc, Malvern, PA 19355, USA
Clin Chem 53:666-72. 2007..Soluble mesothelin-related peptides (SMRP)have been reported to be potential biomarkers for malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM). We report analytical and preliminary clinical studies of MESOMARK, a quantitative assay for SMRP...
- Lung cancer staging techniques and induction therapy: maybe timing is everythingHarvey I Pass
J Clin Oncol 26:3306-7. 2008
- Prediction of lung cancer using volatile biomarkers in breathMichael Phillips
Menssana Research Inc, Fort Lee, NJ 07024 6510, USA
Cancer Biomark 3:95-109. 2007..g. alkanes). In patients with lung cancer, induction of high-risk cytochrome p450 genotypes may accelerate catabolism of these VOCs, so that their altered abundance in breath may provide biomarkers of lung cancer...
- Cancer Care Ontario and American Society of Clinical Oncology adjuvant chemotherapy and adjuvant radiation therapy for stages I-IIIA resectable non small-cell lung cancer guidelineKatherine M W Pisters
M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:5506-18. 2007..To determine the role of adjuvant chemotherapy and radiation therapy in patients with completely resected stage IA-IIIA non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Mutation analysis of the BRAF codon 599 in malignant pleural mesothelioma by enriched PCR-RFLPHideaki Dote
Department of Cancer and Thoracic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama University, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Oncol Rep 11:361-3. 2004..However, it may be a rare type of mutation in MPMs. Our new assay is useful and can be applied for screening of BRAF codon 599 mutation in various kinds of clinical samples...
- TNF-alpha inhibits asbestos-induced cytotoxicity via a NF-kappaB-dependent pathway, a possible mechanism for asbestos-induced oncogenesisHaining Yang
Thoracic Oncology Program, Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:10397-402. 2006....
- SV40 Tag-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes generated from the peripheral blood of malignant pleural mesothelioma patientsRobert K Bright
Laboratory of Prostate Cancer Biology, Robert W Franz Cancer Research Center, Earle A Chiles Research Institute, and the Oregon Cancer Center, 4805 NE Glisan Street, Portland, OR 97213, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 50:682-90. 2002..Moreover, the CTLs were capable of recognizing mesothelioma tumor cells that expressed SV40 Tag, in an MHC class I restricted manner...
- Notch-1 induction, a novel activity of SV40 required for growth of SV40-transformed human mesothelial cellsMaurizio Bocchetta
Department of Pathology, Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Oncogene 22:81-9. 2003..Our finding is relevant to the process of SV40-mediated human cell transformation, an effect that cannot be accounted for solely by SV40-Tag inhibition of Rb and p53...
- Expression of human MutT homologue (hMTH1) protein in primary non-small-cell lung carcinomas and histologically normal surrounding tissueChristopher H Kennedy
Cancer Prevention Fellowship Program, Office of Preventive Oncology, Division of Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute NIH, 10 Center Drive, Building 10, Bethesda, MD 20892 1002, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 34:1447-57. 2003..The results of this study indicate that hMTH1 protein may be a potential marker for the detection of persistent oxidative stress in lung cancer...
- Multistep and multifactorial carcinogenesis: when does a contributing factor become a carcinogen?Michele Carbone
Department of Pathology, Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola University Chicago, Room 250, 2160 South First Ave, Maywood, IL 60302, USA
Semin Cancer Biol 14:399-405. 2004....
- Aberrant methylation of p57KIP2 gene in lung and breast cancers and malignant mesotheliomasTakaya Kobatake
Department of Cancer and Thoracic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama University, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Oncol Rep 12:1087-92. 2004....
- Re: Debate on the link between SV40 and human cancer continuesMichele Carbone
J Natl Cancer Inst 94:229-30. 2002
- Aberrant methylation profile of human malignant mesotheliomas and its relationship to SV40 infectionMakoto Suzuki
Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Oncogene 24:1302-8. 2005..Our results demonstrate a relationship between SV40 and methylation of multiple genes in MM, indicating that the virus plays a role in the pathogenesis of MM...
- Distinct DNA methylation profiles in malignant mesothelioma, lung adenocarcinoma, and non-tumor lungJeffrey A Tsou
Norris Cancer Center and Department of Surgery and Biochemistry, Room NOR 6420, 1441 Eastlake Ave, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 9176, USA
Lung Cancer 47:193-204. 2005..Our observations support the strong potential of methylation markers as tools for accurate diagnosis of neoplasms in and around the lung...
- Common EGFR mutations conferring sensitivity to gefitinib in lung adenocarcinoma are not prevalent in human malignant mesotheliomaJoseph F Cortese
Int J Cancer 118:521-2. 2006
- SV40 detection in human tumor specimensMichele Carbone
Cancer Res 65:10120-1. 2005
- Crocidolite asbestos and SV40 are cocarcinogens in human mesothelial cells and in causing mesothelioma in hamstersBarbara Kroczynska
Thoracic Oncology Program, Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:14128-33. 2006..Our results indicate that mineral fibers and viruses can be cocarcinogens and suggest that lower amounts of asbestos may be sufficient to cause MM in individuals infected with SV40...
- A mesothelioma epidemic in Cappadocia: scientific developments and unexpected social outcomesMichele Carbone
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, Thoracic Oncology Program, Honolulu, Hawaii 96816, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 7:147-54. 2007....
- Evolving aspects of mesothelioma carcinogenesis: SV40 and genetic predispositionMichele Carbone
Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola University, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
J Thorac Oncol 1:169-71. 2006
- Newer issues in mesothelioma chemotherapyNicholas Vogelzang
Department of Medical Oncology, Nevada Cancer Institute, Las Vegas, Nevada 89135, USA
J Thorac Oncol 1:177-9. 2006
- DNA methylation profile of 28 potential marker loci in malignant mesotheliomaJeffrey A Tsou
Norris Cancer Center and Department of Surgery, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Room NOR6420, 1441 Eastlake Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90089 9176, USA
Lung Cancer 58:220-30. 2007....
- Detection of lung cancer using weighted digital analysis of breath biomarkersMichael Phillips
Menssana Research Inc, Fort Lee, NJ 07024 6510, United States
Clin Chim Acta 393:76-84. 2008..We developed a non-linear method of multivariate analysis, weighted digital analysis (WDA), and evaluated its ability to predict lung cancer employing volatile biomarkers in the breath...
- SV40 infection induces telomerase activity in human mesothelial cellsRudy Foddis
Cancer Immunology Program, Department of Pathology, Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, Illinois, IL 60153, USA
Oncogene 21:1434-42. 2002..Induction of telomerase activity by SV40 may be related to the very high rate of mesothelial cell immortalization that is characteristically associated with SV40 infection of mesothelial cells...