Affiliation: New Jersey
- DNA replication joins the revolution: whole-genome views of DNA replication in budding yeastCarol S Newlon
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Newark 07103, USA
Bioessays 24:300-4. 2002..These genome-wide views of DNA replication in Saccharomyces cerevisiae provide new insights into the way that the genome is duplicated and hold promise for the analysis of other genomes...
- Linear derivatives of Saccharomyces cerevisiae chromosome III can be maintained in the absence of autonomously replicating sequence elementsAnn Dershowitz
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, ICPH, 225 Warren St, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:4652-63. 2007..Both the replication initiation protein ORC and telomeres or a linear topology were required for the maintenance of chromosome fragments lacking replicators...
- Identification of mutations that decrease the stability of a fragment of Saccharomyces cerevisiae chromosome III lacking efficient replicatorsJames F Theis
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey 07103, USA
Genetics 177:1445-58. 2007..ofm14 is an allele of RAD9, which is required for the activation of the DNA damage checkpoint, suggesting that this checkpoint plays a key role in the maintenance of the "originless" fragment...
- Yeast origins establish a strand bias for replicational mutagenesisYouri I Pavlov
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Mol Cell 10:207-13. 2002....
- Identification of the sequences required for chromosomal replicator function in Kluyveromyces lactisCarmela Irene
Dipartimento Biologia Cellulare e dello Sviluppo, Universita La Sapienza, Piazzale A Moro, 5, Rome Italy
Mol Microbiol 51:1413-23. 2004..A comparative study using S. cerevisiae nuclear extracts revealed that the sequence required for binding is a dodecanucleotide related to the S. cerevisiae ARS consensus sequence and essential for S. cerevisiae ARS activity...
- DNA elements modulating the KARS12 chromosomal replicator in Kluyveromyces lactisCarmela Irene
Dipartimento di Biologia Cellulare e dello Sviluppo, Universita La Sapienza, Piazzale A Moro, 5, Roma, Italy
Mol Genet Genomics 277:287-99. 2007..These elements may facilitate protein binding, protein/protein interaction and/or nucleosome positioning as has been proposed for other eukaryotic origins of DNA replication...
- Orchestration of the S-phase and DNA damage checkpoint pathways by replication forks from early originsJulie M Caldwell
Department of Molecular Genetics, Biochemistry, and Microbiology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
J Cell Biol 180:1073-86. 2008..Thus, oncogene-mediated deregulation of cyclins in the early stages of cancer development could contribute to genomic instability through a deficiency in the forks required to establish the S-phase checkpoint...
- Analysis of chromosome III replicators reveals an unusual structure for the ARS318 silencer origin and a conserved WTW sequence within the origin recognition complex binding siteFuJung Chang
Laboratory of Chromosome Replication, Van Andel Research Institute, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:5071-81. 2008..This analysis revealed a highly conserved WTW motif 17 to 19 bp from the ACS that is functionally important and is apparent in the 228 phylogenetically conserved ARS elements among the six sensu stricto Saccharomyces species...
- DNA REPLICATION IN SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAECAROL NEWLON; Fiscal Year: 1993..Knowledge we gain from the yeast system should be applicable to higher cells, and may help lead to an understanding of the basis of unscheduled DNA synthesis, which is characteristic of malignant cells...
- DNA REPLICATION IN SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAECAROL NEWLON; Fiscal Year: 2002..The proposed studies are also likely to lead to a further understanding of chromosome rearrangements and the reactivation of DNA replication that are characteristics of malignant cells. ..
- DNA REPLICATION IN SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAECAROL NEWLON; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed studies are also likely to lead to a further understanding of the molecular basis of genome stability. ..