JEREMY FRANKLIN NANCE
Affiliation: New York University
- Elaborating polarity: PAR proteins and the cytoskeletonJeremy Nance
Helen L and Martin S Kimmel Center for Biology and Medicine at the Skirball Institute for Biomolecular Medicine, NYU School of Medicine, 540 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Development 138:799-809. 2011..elegans and Drosophila, and emphasize the links that exist between PAR networks and cytoskeletal proteins that both regulate PAR protein localization and act as downstream effectors to elaborate polarity within the cell...
- PAR proteins and the establishment of cell polarity during C. elegans developmentJeremy Nance
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Bioessays 27:126-35. 2005..Although polarity within each of these cell types requires PAR proteins, the cues and regulators of PAR asymmetry can differ...
- Polarization of the C. elegans embryo by RhoGAP-mediated exclusion of PAR-6 from cell contactsDorian C Anderson
Kimmel Center for Biology and Medicine of the Skirball Institute, New York University School of Medicine, 540 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Science 320:1771-4. 2008..Thus, PAC-1 provides a dynamic molecular link between cell contacts and PAR proteins that polarizes embryos radially...
- PAR-6 is required for junction formation but not apicobasal polarization in C. elegans embryonic epithelial cellsRonald Totong
Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine and NYU School of Medicine, 540 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Development 134:1259-68. 2007..Thus, whereas the role of PAR-6 in junction formation appears to be widely conserved, PAR-6-independent mechanisms can be used to polarize epithelial cells...
- PAR-3 mediates the initial clustering and apical localization of junction and polarity proteins during C. elegans intestinal epithelial cell polarizationAnnita Achilleos
Helen L and Martin S Kimmel Center for Biology and Medicine at the Skirball Institute for Biomolecular Medicine, NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Development 137:1833-42. 2010..These findings indicate that PAR-3 and PAR-6 function sequentially to position and mature apical junctions, and that the requirement for PAR-3 can vary in different types of epithelial cells...
- Polarity and cell fate specification in the control of Caenorhabditis elegans gastrulationMonica R Rohrschneider
Developmental Genetics Program, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine and Helen and Martin Kimmel Center for Biology and Medicine, NYU School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Dev Dyn 238:789-96. 2009..Here we review gastrulation in C. elegans, with an emphasis on recent data linking contact-induced cell polarity, PAR proteins, and cell fate specification to gastrulation control...