Affiliation: New York University School of Medicine
- Impact of the impairment criterion in the diagnosis of adult ADHD: 33-year follow-up study of boys with ADHDSalvatore Mannuzza
New York University Child Study Center, 215 Lexington Avenue, Floor 13, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Atten Disord 15:122-9. 2011..To investigate the relationship between ADHD symptoms and impairment among adults diagnosed as having ADHD in childhood (ages 6-12)...
- Age of methylphenidate treatment initiation in children with ADHD and later substance abuse: prospective follow-up into adulthoodSalvatore Mannuzza
New York University Child Study Center, New York University Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, New York 10016, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:604-9. 2008..The purpose of this study was to examine whether age at initiation of stimulant treatment in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is related to the subsequent development of substance use disorders...
- Lifetime criminality among boys with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: a prospective follow-up study into adulthood using official arrest recordsSalvatore Mannuzza
New York University Child Study Center, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Psychiatry Res 160:237-46. 2008....
- Does major depressive disorder in parents predict specific fears and phobias in offspring?Matthew G Biel
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, NYU Child Study Center, NYU School of Medicine, New York University, New York, USA
Depress Anxiety 25:379-82. 2008..Elevated rates of specific fears in offspring of parents with MDD+anxiety disorder may be a function of more severe parental psychopathology, increased genetic loading, or unmeasured environmental influences...
- Does childhood attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder predict risk-taking and medical illnesses in adulthood?Maria A Ramos Olazagasti
New York University Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 52:153-162.e4. 2013..We report causes of death...
- Significance of childhood conduct problems to later development of conduct disorder among children with ADHD: a prospective follow-up studySalvatore Mannuzza
New York University Child Study Center, NYU School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 32:565-73. 2004..However, low levels of CD-type problems are not innocuous, because they predict later CD among children with ADHD without comorbid CD...
- Obesity in men with childhood ADHD: a 33-year controlled, prospective, follow-up studySamuele Cortese
Phyllis Green and Randolph Cowen Institute for Pediatric Neuroscience, Child Study Center of the NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Pediatrics 131:e1731-8. 2013..We predicted higher BMI and obesity rates in: (1) men with, versus men without, childhood ADHD; (2) men with persistent, versus men with remitted, ADHD; and (3) men with persistent or remitted ADHD versus those without childhood ADHD...
- Alcohol use disorders in relatives of patients with panic disorderRenee D Goodwin
Anxiety Genetics Unit, Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Compr Psychiatry 47:88-90. 2006..The aim of this study was to use data from a family study of anxiety disorders to examine the familial association between alcohol use disorders and panic disorder (PD), controlling for alcohol use disorders in the proband...
- Persistence of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder into adulthood: what have we learned from the prospective follow-up studies?Salvatore Mannuzza
NYU Child Study Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Atten Disord 7:93-100. 2003..This article reviews factors that may account for disparate rates found in adult follow-ups, and recommends optimal methodologies for prospective studies of children with ADHD in particular and childhood mental disorders in general...
- Does stimulant treatment place children at risk for adult substance abuse? A controlled, prospective follow-up studySalvatore Mannuzza
New York University Child Study Center, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 13:273-82. 2003..Findings from this randomized trial contradict the notion that stimulant treatment in childhood leads to substance use or abuse in later life. The sensitization hypothesis is not supported...
- Accuracy of adult recall of childhood attention deficit hyperactivity disorderSalvatore Mannuzza
New York University Child Study Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
Am J Psychiatry 159:1882-8. 2002..This study examined accuracy of adult recall of childhood ADHD...
- Brain gray matter deficits at 33-year follow-up in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder established in childhoodErika Proal
Phyllis Green and Randolph Cowen Institute for Pediatric Neuroscience, Child Study Center, New York University Langone School of Medicine, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 68:1122-34. 2011..We present, to our knowledge, the first prospective study combining cortical thickness and voxel-based morphometry in adults diagnosed as having ADHD in childhood...
- Anxiety sensitivity among children of parents with anxiety disorders: a controlled high-risk studySalvatore Mannuzza
NYU Child Study Center, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
J Anxiety Disord 16:135-48. 2002..We conclude that parental anxiety or mood disorder does not predispose offspring to high anxiety sensitivity...
- Young adult outcome of children with "situational" hyperactivity: a prospective, controlled follow-up studySalvatore Mannuzza
NYU School of Medicine, NYU Child Study Center, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 30:191-8. 2002..These findings stress the validity of teacher reports in the diagnosis of ADHD...