Peter K Jonason
Affiliation: New Mexico State University
- A unidimensional measure of Hong's psychological reactance scalePeter K Jonason
Psychology Department, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces 88003, USA
Psychol Rep 98:569-79. 2006..While the authors contend that a 1-factor solution is appropriate, further testing is needed for external consistency and refinement of the measure...
- An evolutionary psychology perspective on sex differences in exercise behaviors and motivationsPeter K Jonason
New Mexico State University, Department of Psychology, Las Cruces, NM 88003, USA
J Soc Psychol 147:5-14. 2007..Both sexes reported efforts to improve their abdominal region. It appears that men and women adopt sex-appropriate exercise behavior as a method of self-enhancement for intrasexual competition...
- Further tests of validity for the one-dimensional Hong's psychological reactance scalePeter K Jonason
New Mexico State University, Psychology Department, Las Cruces, NM 88003, USA
Psychol Rep 101:871-4. 2007..If the scale is to be a useful measure of Psychological Reactance, much more work is needed. The findings from prior work and this one may be affected by measurement error in the construct and the small magnitude of the relationships...
- The "booty call": a compromise between men's and women's ideal mating strategiesPeter K Jonason
Department of Psychology, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM 88003, USA
J Sex Res 46:460-70. 2009..The relationship is discussed as a compromise between men's and women's ideal mating strategies that allows men greater sexual access and women an ongoing opportunity to evaluate potential long-term mates...
- The value of physical attractiveness in romantic partners: modeling biological and social variablesPeter K Jonason
New Mexico State University, Psychology Department, PO Box 30001, MSC 3452, Las Cruces, NM 88003, USA
J Soc Psychol 149:229-40. 2009..Individuals' partner preferences may be sensitive to their perceptions of themselves. Perceptions of the attractiveness of those in one's local area may also play a part in the development of such partner preferences through exposure...
- Positioning the booty-call relationship on the spectrum of relationships: sexual but more emotional than one-night standsPeter K Jonason
Department of Psychology, University of West Florida, University Parkway, Pensacola, FL 32514, USA
J Sex Res 48:486-95. 2011..The results suggest the booty-call relationship is a distinct type of relationship situated between one-night stands and serious romantic relationships...
- An evolutionary perspective on humor: sexual selection or interest indication?Norman P Li
Department of Psychology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 35:923-36. 2009..The findings support that humor dynamics--and not just humor displays--influence romantic chemistry for both men and women, suggesting that humor can ultimately function as a strategy to initiate and monitor social relationships...
- The dirty dozen: a concise measure of the dark triadPeter K Jonason
Department of Psychology, University of West Florida, 11000 University Parkway, Pensacola, FL 32514, USA
Psychol Assess 22:420-32. 2010..The measure retained its core of disagreeableness, short-term mating, and aggressiveness. They call this measure the Dirty Dozen, but it cleanly measures the Dark Triad...