E Roy John
Affiliation: New York University
- The relevance of QEEG to the evaluation of behavioral disorders and pharmacological interventionsE Roy John
Brain Research Laboratories, Department of Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine, NY, NY 10016, USA
Clin EEG Neurosci 37:135-43. 2006....
- The neurophysics of consciousnessE Roy John
Brain Research Laboratories, NYU School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York 10016, USA
Brain Res Brain Res Rev 39:1-28. 2002....
- The sometimes pernicious role of theory in scienceE Roy John
Brain Research Laboratories, Department of Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, United States
Int J Psychophysiol 62:377-83. 2006....
- The pre-mild cognitive impairment, subjective cognitive impairment stage of Alzheimer's diseaseBarry Reisberg
Silberstein Aging and Dementia Research Center, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Alzheimers Dement 4:S98-S108. 2008..Subjective cognitive impairment (SCI) has been a common, but poorly understood condition, frequently occurring in older persons...
- From synchronous neuronal discharges to subjective awareness?E Roy John
Brain Research Laboratories, NYU School of Medicine, NY 10016, USA
Prog Brain Res 150:143-71. 2005..This chapter undertakes to provide a detailed description and explanation of these complex processes by experimental evidence marshaled from a wide variety of sources...
- Source imaging of QEEG as a method to detect awareness in a person in vegetative stateE Roy John
Brain Research Laboratories, Department of Psychiatry, NYU School of Medicine, 462 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Brain Inj 25:426-32. 2011..g. minimal conscious state, MCS) have different prognoses and treatment than those in vegetative state (VS). Recently, task appropriate differential regional activation in VS has been reported using fMRI during mental imagery...
- Evaluation of the pain matrix using EEG source localization: a feasibility studyLeslie S Prichep
Brain Research Laboratories, Department of Psychiatry, NYU School of Medicine, New York City, NY 10016, USA
Pain Med 12:1241-8. 2011..It is the objective of this study to demonstrate the feasibility of using quantitative electroencephalography (EEG) source localization to reflect and to quantify activity in the pain matrix...
- Correlation of PET and qEEG in normal subjectsKenneth R Alper
Brain Research Laboratories, Department of Psychiatry, New York, University Medical Center, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Psychiatry Res 146:271-82. 2006..The significance of these findings is discussed with reference to the existing literature on the physiology of the generation of the EEG...
- The anesthetic cascade: a theory of how anesthesia suppresses consciousnessE Roy John
Department of Psychiatry, Brain Research Laboratories, New York University School of Medicine, New York, USA
Anesthesiology 102:447-71. 2005
- Electroencephalographic mapping during routine clinical practice: cortical arousal during tracheal intubation?Wolfgang J Kox
University Hospital of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
Anesth Analg 102:825-31. 2006..The clinical impact of this cortical wake-up phenomenon is undetermined...
- Optimal denoising of brainstem Auditory Evoked Response (BAER) for automatic peak identification and brainstem assessmentArnaud Jacquin
Everest Biomed Instrum, Chesterfield, MO, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:1723-6. 2006....
- Automatic identification of spike-wave events and non-convulsive seizures with a reduced set of electrodesArnaud Jacquin
Brainscope Company Inc, Chesterfield, MO, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:1928-31. 2007..In particular, the fractal analysis is a key factor in the removal of falsely detected spike-wave events (false positives) that can be caused by voluntary or involuntary artifacts such as fast eyelid flutter...
- Quantitative electroencephalographic studies of cue-induced cocaine cravingMalcolm S Reid
Department of Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine, and V A New York Harbor Healthcare System, New York, NY 10010, USA
Clin Electroencephalogr 34:110-23. 2003..These findings demonstrated that EEG activation during cue-induced cocaine craving may be topographically mapped and subsequently analyzed for functional relevance...
- Quantitative electroencephalography in OCD patients treated with paroxetineElsebet S Hansen
Neuroscience Centre, Dept of Psychiatry, Copenhagen University, Copenhagen, Denmark
Clin Electroencephalogr 34:70-4. 2003..As in the previous investigation, baseline QEEG profile membership points to a predictive value with regard to therapeutic response...
- Millisecond by millisecond, year by year: normative EEG microstates and developmental stagesThomas Koenig
Department of Psychiatric Neurophysiology, University Hospital of Clinical Psychiatry, Bern, Switzerland, USA
Neuroimage 16:41-8. 2002....