William C Huang
Affiliation: New York University School of Medicine
- Three synchronous primary carcinomas in a patient with HNPCC associated with a novel germline mutation in MLH1: Case reportCristian D Valenzuela
Department of Surgery, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, USA
World J Surg Oncol 7:94. 2009..It is important to develop genotype-phenotype correlations for HNPCC, as is being done for other hereditary cancer syndromes, in order to guide surveillance and treatment strategies in the future...
- Impact of nephron sparing on kidney function and non-oncologic mortalityWilliam C Huang
Department of Urology, New York University Langone Medical Center, New York University Cancer Institute, New York, NY 10016, USA
Urol Oncol 28:568-74. 2010..In addition to reviewing the methods of evaluating kidney function, this article discusses the effectiveness of various nephron sparing techniques in preserving kidney function and improving non-oncologic outcomes...
- Partial nephrectomy versus radical nephrectomy in patients with small renal tumors--is there a difference in mortality and cardiovascular outcomes?William C Huang
Department of Urology, New York University Medical Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
J Urol 181:55-61; discussion 61-2. 2009..We analyzed a population based cohort of patients to determine whether radical nephrectomy is associated with an increase in cardiovascular events and mortality compared with partial nephrectomy...
- Dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging measurement of renal function in patients undergoing partial nephrectomy: preliminary experienceStella K Kang
Department of Radiology, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
Invest Radiol 48:687-92. 2013..To evaluate changes in single-kidney glomerular filtration rate (SK-GFR) using low-dose dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance (MR) renography (MRR) in patients undergoing partial nephrectomy for renal masses...
- Current practice patterns in the surgical management of renal cancer in the United StatesGanesh Sivarajan
Department of Urology, NYU Langone Medical Center, 2nd Floor, 150 East 32nd Street, New York, NY 10016, USA
Urol Clin North Am 39:149-60, v. 2012..Further investigation is required to determine the barriers to diffusion of new techniques and technology as well as to ensure equal access to quality care in the United States...
- Survival rates after resection for localized kidney cancer: 1989 to 2004Paul Russo
Urology Service, Department of Surgery, Sidney Kimmel Center for Prostate and Urologic Cancers, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cancer 113:84-96. 2008....
- High temporal resolution 3D gadolinium-enhanced dynamic MR imaging of renal tumors with pharmacokinetic modeling: preliminary observationsHersh Chandarana
Department of Radiology, New York University Langone Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 38:802-8. 2013....
- MR renographic measurement of renal function in patients undergoing partial nephrectomyStella K Kang
Department of Radiology, New York University Langone Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 200:1204-9. 2013..The purpose of this review is to describe the role of functional renal MRI, or MR renography, in the care of patients with renal masses undergoing partial nephrectomy...
- Temporary renal ischemia during nephron sparing surgery is associated with short-term but not long-term impairment in renal functionOfer Yossepowitch
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Urol 176:1339-43; discussion 1343. 2006..To provide data with which warm renal ischemia can be compared we analyzed short-term and long-term changes in the glomerular filtration rate after temporary cold renal ischemia...
- Utility of quantitative MRI metrics for assessment of stage and grade of urothelial carcinoma of the bladder: preliminary resultsAndrew B Rosenkrantz
1 Department of Radiology, NYU School of Medicine, NYU Langone Medical Center, 560 First Ave, TCH HW202, New York, NY 10016
AJR Am J Roentgenol 201:1254-9. 2013..The purpose of this study was to assess associations between quantitative MRI metrics and pathologic indicators of aggressiveness of urothelial carcinoma of the bladder...
- National trends in the utilization of partial nephrectomy before and after the establishment of AUA guidelines for the management of renal massesMarc A Bjurlin
Division of Urologic Oncology, Department of Urology, New York University Langone Medical Center, New York, NY Electronic address
Urology 82:1283-9. 2013..To assess the impact of the American Urological Association (AUA) guidelines advocating partial nephrectomy for T1 tumors guidelines on the likelihood of undergoing partial nephrectomy...
- Surgery insight: advances in techniques for open partial nephrectomyWilliam C Huang
New York University Medical Center, NY, NY, USA
Nat Clin Pract Urol 4:444-50. 2007..We believe that this approach offers a safe, practical and easily adoptable alternative to traditional open partial nephrectomy and laparoscopic partial nephrectomy...
- Locally ablative therapies for primary radiation failures: a review and critical assessment of the efficacyWilliam C Huang
Sidney Kimmel Center for Prostate and Urologic Cancers, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Curr Urol Rep 8:217-23. 2007..Future studies are required to appropriately select candidates for salvage ablative therapies and to determine the long-term oncologic efficacy of these treatments...
- The impact of renal surgery on global renal function and non-oncologic morbidityElias S Hyams
Department of Urology, New York University, 150 E 32nd Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10016, USA
Curr Urol Rep 10:17-22. 2009..Emphasis on minimally invasive approaches and advances in preventing renal dysfunction and other morbidity after NSS will guide the future of these therapies...
- Contemporary treatment of high-risk localized prostate cancerBasir Tareen
Beth Israel Medical Center, 10 Union Square East, New York, NY 10016, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 10:1069-76. 2010..We also discuss emerging therapeutics for high-risk disease including neoadjuvant chemotherapy and protocols under current and future investigation...
- Solid renal masses: what the numbers tell usStella K Kang
1 Department of Radiology, NYU Langone Medical Center, 550 First Ave, New York, NY 10016
AJR Am J Roentgenol 202:1196-206. 2014....
- Unusual presentation of ectopic insertion of duplicated collecting system in an adult maleErin L Ohmann
Department of Urology, New York University Langone Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Urology 81:e36-7. 2013..Herein, we present an unusual case of delayed diagnosis of ectopic insertion of the upper pole ureter in a completely duplicated left kidney causing massive hydroureteronephrosis in an adult man...
- Rational approach to the treatment of a patient with a small renal cortical tumorWilliam C Huang
Department of Urology, New York University Medical Center, New Yourk, NY, USA
Nat Clin Pract Urol 4:688-91. 2007..Renal ultrasonography revealed a solid right renal mass, which was confirmed by MRI. The initial consultant recommended laparoscopic radical nephrectomy. The patient sought a second opinion...
- Trends in renal tumor surgery delivery within the United StatesLori M Dulabon
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Cancer 116:2316-21. 2010..In this study, the authors identified the most recent trends in kidney surgery for small renal tumors and determined which factors were associated with the use of PN versus RN within the United States...
- Impact of kidney cancer surgery on oncologic and kidney functional outcomesJustin S Han
Department of Urology, New York University Langone Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 58:846-54. 2011..This article reviews the contemporary management of localized kidney cancers and discusses the impact of surgery on oncologic and nononcologic outcomes...
- Changes in renal function following nephroureterectomy may affect the use of perioperative chemotherapyMatthew G Kaag
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Eur Urol 58:581-7. 2010..Nephroureterectomy alone fails to adequately treat many patients with advanced upper tract urothelial carcinoma (UTUC). Perioperative platinum-based chemotherapy has been proposed but requires adequate renal function...
- Chronic kidney disease after nephrectomy in patients with renal cortical tumours: a retrospective cohort studyWilliam C Huang
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Lancet Oncol 7:735-40. 2006..We aimed to examine new onset of chronic kidney disease in patients with small, renal cortical tumours undergoing radical or partial nephrectomy...
- Diffusion-weighted intravoxel incoherent motion imaging of renal tumors with histopathologic correlationHersh Chandarana
Department of Radiology, New York University Langone Medical Center, New York, NY10016, USA
Invest Radiol 47:688-96. 2012....
- The anatomical and pathological characteristics of irradiated prostate cancers may influence the oncological efficacy of salvage ablative therapiesWilliam C Huang
Departments of Urology, Biostatistics Epidemiology and Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Urol 177:1324-9; quiz 1591. 2007..We characterized and mapped the prostate cancers in our series of whole mount salvage radical prostatectomy specimens...
- Bladder cancer: utility of MRI in detection of occult muscle-invasive diseaseAndrew B Rosenkrantz
Department of Radiology, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Acta Radiol 53:695-9. 2012..MRI has shown potential for detection of muscle invasion but has not specifically been evaluated for this purpose in the setting of bladder cancer patients without evidence of muscle invasion on initial biopsy...
- Importance of node dissection in relation to neoadjuvant and adjuvant therapyWilliam C Huang
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, 10021, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 4:1019-26. 2006....