William C Huang
Affiliation: New York University School of Medicine
- Three synchronous primary carcinomas in a patient with HNPCC associated with a novel germline mutation in MLH1: Case reportCristian D Valenzuela
Department of Surgery, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, USA
World J Surg Oncol 7:94. 2009..It is important to develop genotype-phenotype correlations for HNPCC, as is being done for other hereditary cancer syndromes, in order to guide surveillance and treatment strategies in the future...
- Impact of nephron sparing on kidney function and non-oncologic mortalityWilliam C Huang
Department of Urology, New York University Langone Medical Center, New York University Cancer Institute, New York, NY 10016, USA
Urol Oncol 28:568-74. 2010..In addition to reviewing the methods of evaluating kidney function, this article discusses the effectiveness of various nephron sparing techniques in preserving kidney function and improving non-oncologic outcomes...
- Partial nephrectomy versus radical nephrectomy in patients with small renal tumors--is there a difference in mortality and cardiovascular outcomes?William C Huang
Department of Urology, New York University Medical Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
J Urol 181:55-61; discussion 61-2. 2009..We analyzed a population based cohort of patients to determine whether radical nephrectomy is associated with an increase in cardiovascular events and mortality compared with partial nephrectomy...
- Current practice patterns in the surgical management of renal cancer in the United StatesGanesh Sivarajan
Department of Urology, NYU Langone Medical Center, 2nd Floor, 150 East 32nd Street, New York, NY 10016, USA
Urol Clin North Am 39:149-60, v. 2012..Further investigation is required to determine the barriers to diffusion of new techniques and technology as well as to ensure equal access to quality care in the United States...
- Survival rates after resection for localized kidney cancer: 1989 to 2004Paul Russo
Urology Service, Department of Surgery, Sidney Kimmel Center for Prostate and Urologic Cancers, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cancer 113:84-96. 2008....
- Temporary renal ischemia during nephron sparing surgery is associated with short-term but not long-term impairment in renal functionOfer Yossepowitch
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Urol 176:1339-43; discussion 1343. 2006..Longer clamping time is particularly detrimental in patients with a solitary kidney but it does not appear to influence long-term renal function. Patients of advanced age may be less likely to recover from acute ischemic renal injury...
- Contemporary treatment of high-risk localized prostate cancerBasir Tareen
Beth Israel Medical Center, 10 Union Square East, New York, NY 10016, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 10:1069-76. 2010..We also discuss emerging therapeutics for high-risk disease including neoadjuvant chemotherapy and protocols under current and future investigation...
- The impact of renal surgery on global renal function and non-oncologic morbidityElias S Hyams
Department of Urology, New York University, 150 E 32nd Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10016, USA
Curr Urol Rep 10:17-22. 2009..Emphasis on minimally invasive approaches and advances in preventing renal dysfunction and other morbidity after NSS will guide the future of these therapies...
- Surgery insight: advances in techniques for open partial nephrectomyWilliam C Huang
New York University Medical Center, NY, NY, USA
Nat Clin Pract Urol 4:444-50. 2007..We believe that this approach offers a safe, practical and easily adoptable alternative to traditional open partial nephrectomy and laparoscopic partial nephrectomy...
- Locally ablative therapies for primary radiation failures: a review and critical assessment of the efficacyWilliam C Huang
Sidney Kimmel Center for Prostate and Urologic Cancers, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Curr Urol Rep 8:217-23. 2007..Future studies are required to appropriately select candidates for salvage ablative therapies and to determine the long-term oncologic efficacy of these treatments...
- Impact of kidney cancer surgery on oncologic and kidney functional outcomesJustin S Han
Department of Urology, New York University Langone Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 58:846-54. 2011..This article reviews the contemporary management of localized kidney cancers and discusses the impact of surgery on oncologic and nononcologic outcomes...
- Changes in renal function following nephroureterectomy may affect the use of perioperative chemotherapyMatthew G Kaag
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Eur Urol 58:581-7. 2010..Nephroureterectomy alone fails to adequately treat many patients with advanced upper tract urothelial carcinoma (UTUC). Perioperative platinum-based chemotherapy has been proposed but requires adequate renal function...
- Trends in renal tumor surgery delivery within the United StatesLori M Dulabon
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Cancer 116:2316-21. 2010..In this study, the authors identified the most recent trends in kidney surgery for small renal tumors and determined which factors were associated with the use of PN versus RN within the United States...
- Chronic kidney disease after nephrectomy in patients with renal cortical tumours: a retrospective cohort studyWilliam C Huang
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Lancet Oncol 7:735-40. 2006..Radical nephrectomy is a significant risk factor for the development of chronic kidney disease and might no longer be regarded as the gold standard treatment for small, renal cortical tumours...
- Rational approach to the treatment of a patient with a small renal cortical tumorWilliam C Huang
Department of Urology, New York University Medical Center, New Yourk, NY, USA
Nat Clin Pract Urol 4:688-91. 2007..Renal ultrasonography revealed a solid right renal mass, which was confirmed by MRI. The initial consultant recommended laparoscopic radical nephrectomy. The patient sought a second opinion...
- The anatomical and pathological characteristics of irradiated prostate cancers may influence the oncological efficacy of salvage ablative therapiesWilliam C Huang
Departments of Urology, Biostatistics Epidemiology and Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Urol 177:1324-9; quiz 1591. 2007..We characterized and mapped the prostate cancers in our series of whole mount salvage radical prostatectomy specimens...
- Diffusion-weighted intravoxel incoherent motion imaging of renal tumors with histopathologic correlationHersh Chandarana
Department of Radiology, New York University Langone Medical Center, New York, NY10016, USA
Invest Radiol 47:688-96. 2012....
- Bladder cancer: utility of MRI in detection of occult muscle-invasive diseaseAndrew B Rosenkrantz
Department of Radiology, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Acta Radiol 53:695-9. 2012..MRI has shown potential for detection of muscle invasion but has not specifically been evaluated for this purpose in the setting of bladder cancer patients without evidence of muscle invasion on initial biopsy...
- Importance of node dissection in relation to neoadjuvant and adjuvant therapyWilliam C Huang
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, 10021, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 4:1019-26. 2006....