H S Hochster
Affiliation: New York University
- Activity and pharmacodynamics of 21-Day topotecan infusion in patients with ovarian cancer previously treated with platinum-based chemotherapy. New York Gynecologic Oncology GroupH Hochster
Kaplan Cancer Center and New York University Medical Center, New York, and Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 17:2553-61. 1999....
- Maintenance rituximab after cyclophosphamide, vincristine, and prednisone prolongs progression-free survival in advanced indolent lymphoma: results of the randomized phase III ECOG1496 StudyHoward Hochster
New York University Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:1607-14. 2009..To determine if maintenance rituximab (MR) after standard chemotherapy improves progression-free survival (PFS) in advanced-stage indolent lymphoma...
- Safety and efficacy of oxaliplatin and fluoropyrimidine regimens with or without bevacizumab as first-line treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer: results of the TREE StudyHoward S Hochster
New York University Cancer Institute, 160 East 34th St, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:3523-9. 2008..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of three oxaliplatin and fluoropyrimidine regimens, with or without bevacizumab, as first-line treatment for metastatic colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- Tolerance and activity of oxaliplatin with protracted topotecan infusion in patients with previously treated ovarian cancer. A phase I studyHoward Hochster
Division of Medical Oncology, New York University School of Medicine, NYU Cancer Institute, NY 10016, USA
Gynecol Oncol 108:500-4. 2008..Topotecan 14-day infusion combined with cisplatin was highly active in ovarian cancer, but too myelosuppressive. We therefore sought to evaluate the feasibility of substituting oxaliplatin for cisplatin to improve safety...
- Phase II study of uracil-tegafur with leucovorin in elderly (> or = 75 years old) patients with colorectal cancer: ECOG 1299Howard S Hochster
New York University Cancer Institute, New York 10016, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:5397-402. 2007..To evaluate the tolerability and effectiveness of uracil-tegafur (UFT) with leucovorin (LV) in the treatment of elderly patients with advanced colorectal cancer...
- Bevacizumab in combination with chemotherapy: first-line treatment of patients with metastatic colorectal cancerHoward S Hochster
Department of Medicine, New York University Cancer Institute, New York, New York 10016, USA
Semin Oncol 33:S8-14. 2006..The survival advantages in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer with the addition of bevacizumab to chemotherapy support the use of this agent in first-line treatment...
- Prolonged topotecan infusion with cisplatin in the first-line treatment of ovarian cancer: an NYGOG and ECOG studyHoward S Hochster
NYU School of Medicine and Cancer Institute, 160 East 34th Street, New York, NY 10016, USA
Gynecol Oncol 100:324-9. 2006..To determine the toxicity and efficacy of combined therapy with cisplatin and prolonged infusion topotecan as front line therapy in women with epithelial ovarian cancer...
- The role of pemetrexed in the treatment of gastrointestinal malignancyHoward S Hochster
New York University School of Medicine, New York 10016, USA
Clin Colorectal Cancer 4:190-5. 2004..Nonetheless, pemetrexed has important promise for new and improved regimens in the therapy of gastrointestinal cancer...
- Biweekly 72-hour 9-aminocamptothecin infusion as second-line therapy for ovarian carcinoma: phase II study of the New York Gynecologic Oncology Group and the Eastern Cooperative Oncology GroupHoward Hochster
New York University School of Medicine, 160 E 32nd St, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:120-6. 2004..To determine the antitumor activity of the novel topoisomerase I inhibitor 9-aminocamptothecin (9-AC) given over 72 hours every 2 weeks in patients with ovarian carcinoma previously treated with one platinum-containing regimen...
- Activity and safety of vinorelbine combined with doxorubicin or fluorouracil as first-line therapy in advanced breast cancer: a stratified phase II studyH S Hochster
New York University Medical Center, 160 East 32nd Street, New York, NY 10016 6004, USA
Oncologist 6:269-77. 2001..The regimens were repeated every 21 days until evidence of progression of disease or severe toxicity...
- Oxaliplatin with weekly bolus fluorouracil and low-dose leucovorin as first-line therapy for patients with colorectal cancerHoward Hochster
NYU School of Medicine, 160 East 32nd St, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:2703-7. 2003..To determine the activity of biweekly oxaliplatin, combined with weekly bolus fluorouracil (FU) and low-dose leucovorin (LV) chemotherapy (bFOL), as first-line therapy for patients with metastatic colorectal cancer...
- Phase I study of fludarabine plus cyclophosphamide in patients with previously untreated low-grade lymphoma: results and and long-term follow-up--a report from the Eastern Cooperative Oncology GroupH S Hochster
New York University, New York, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 18:987-94. 2000..To determine the toxicity and recommended phase II doses of the combination of fludarabine plus cyclophosphamide in chemotherapy-naive patients with low-grade lymphoma...
- Newer approaches to gemcitabine-based therapy of pancreatic cancer: fixed-dose-rate infusion and novel agentsHoward S Hochster
Division of Medical Oncology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 56:24-30. 2003..Because none of the new compounds investigated has as yet shown improvement compared with single-agent gemcitabine in prospectively randomized trials, gemcitabine remains the standard of care in pancreatic cancer...
- Randomized multicenter phase II trial of bolus plus infusional fluorouracil/leucovorin compared with fluorouracil/leucovorin plus oxaliplatin as third-line treatment of patients with advanced colorectal cancerNancy Kemeny
Gastrointestinal Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:4753-61. 2004..This multicenter study evaluated FU/LV with or without oxaliplatin in patients with metastatic CRC after disease progression on sequential fluoropyrimidine and irinotecan...
- Phase I study of combined pegylated liposomal doxorubicin with protracted daily topotecan for ovarian cancerDeepu Mirchandani
New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:5912-9. 2005..Other specific aims were preliminary assessment of activity in advanced ovarian and tubal malignancies, pharmacokinetics of oral topotecan, and correlation of response with topoisomerase I and II expression in tumors...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy, surgery, and adjuvant intraperitoneal chemotherapy in patients with locally advanced gastric or gastroesophageal junction carcinoma: a phase II studyElliot Newman
Department of Surgery, New York University School of Medicine, and the NYU Cancer Institute, New York, NY, USA
Semin Oncol 32:S97-100. 2005..The data suggest that an approach consisting of systemic induction therapy, curative surgery with high R0 resection rates, and IP adjuvant therapy has acceptable toxicity and encouraging survival outcomes...
- Phase I and pharmacologic study of i.p. 9-aminocamptothecin given as six fractions over 14 daysFranco M Muggia
NYU Cancer Institute, Division of Medical Oncology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Anticancer Drugs 13:819-25. 2002..A dose of 9 mg/m(2)/cycle administered in a schedule of six divided fractions is suitable for further evaluation against tumors involving primarily the peritoneal cavity...
- Bortezomib with or without irinotecan in relapsed or refractory colorectal cancer: results from a randomized phase II studyPeter S Kozuch
Continuum Cancer Centers of New York, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital, New York, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2320-6. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy and toxicity of bortezomib with or without irinotecan, in patients with relapsed or refractory colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- A phase I and pharmacokinetic study of docetaxel combined with Doxil (pegylated liposomal doxorubicin) without and with granulocyte colony stimulating factorAnna C Pavlick
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Kaplan Cancer Center, NYU Cancer Institute, New York University Medical Center, 462 First Avenue, BCD Room 556, New York, NY 10016, USA
Anticancer Drugs 15:119-25. 2004..Our observations should provide evidence for phase II studies of this combination in patients with breast cancer and other anthracycline/taxane-sensitive cancers...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy with CPT-11 and cisplatin downstages locally advanced gastric cancerElliot Newman
Department of Surgery, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 6:212-23; discussion 223. 2002..We conclude that CPT-11-based neoadjuvant therapy downstages locally advanced gastric cancer. Further follow-up is necessary to determine the ultimate impact of this combination therapy on recurrence and survival...
- Phase I/II dose-escalation study of pemetrexed plus irinotecan in patients with advanced colorectal cancerHoward Hochster
Cancer Institute, New York University Medical Center, 160 East 34th Street, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10016, USA
Clin Colorectal Cancer 5:257-62. 2005..The distinct mechanisms of action and patterns of resistance displayed by pemetrexed and irinotecan make them attractive agents for combination therapy...
- A phase II study of milataxel: a novel taxane analogue in previously treated patients with advanced colorectal cancerRamesh K Ramanathan
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 61:453-8. 2008..Based on preclinical data that milataxel may be active in colorectal cancer (CRC), a phase II study was performed in patients with advanced previously treated CRC...
- The role of pemetrexed in the treatment of colorectal cancerHoward Hochster
Division of Medical Oncology, New York University School of Medicine, NY 10016, USA
Semin Oncol 29:54-6. 2002..Combinations of pemetrexed with irinotecan and oxaliplatin have also proven feasible. Pemetrexed is a promising new drug for the treatment of colorectal cancer...
- Phase I study of amifostine as a cytoprotector of the gemcitabine/cisplatin combination in patients with advanced solid malignanciesMissak Haigentz
Albert Einstein Comprehensive Cancer Center, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY, USA
Anticancer Drugs 14:321-6. 2003..We conclude that amifostine, at 740 mg/m2, does not lead to less myelosuppression when combined with gemcitabine/cisplatin chemotherapy regimens and may possibly contribute to subjective intolerance...
- Phase I clinical and pharmacokinetic study of BMS-247550, a novel derivative of epothilone B, in solid tumorsSridhar Mani
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Department of Molecular Pharmacology, and Albert Einstein Comprehensive Cancer Center, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:1289-98. 2004..The purpose of this study was to determine the maximum tolerated dose, toxicity, and pharmacokinetics of BMS-247550 administered as a 1-h i.v. infusion every 3 weeks...
- Phase II study of paclitaxel plus the protein kinase C inhibitor bryostatin-1 in advanced pancreatic carcinomaAnthony P Lam
New York Cancer Consortium www newyorkcancerconsortium org, including the Montefiore Einstein Cancer Center, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 33:121-4. 2010..To determine the efficacy and toxicity of the protein kinase C inhibitor bryostatin-1 plus paclitaxel in patients with advanced pancreatic carcinoma...
- Phase I study of bryostatin 1, a protein kinase C modulator, preceding cisplatin in patients with refractory non-hematologic tumorsAnna C Pavlick
New York University School of Medicine, New York University Cancer Institute, New York, NY, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 64:803-10. 2009..We designed a phase I study to achieve tolerable doses and schedules of bryo and cisplatin in combination and in this sequence...
- Phase II study of darinaparsin in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinomaJennifer Wu
Department of Medical Oncology, NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Invest New Drugs 28:670-6. 2010..Darinaparsin is a novel organic arsenic that reaches higher intracellular concentration with decreased toxicity compared to inorganic arsenic. We conducted a multi-center phase II study with darinaparsin in patients with advanced HCC...
- Phase II trial of nolatrexed dihydrochloride [Thymitaq, AG 337] in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinomaMinaxi Jhawer
Montefiore Medical Center, NY, USA
Invest New Drugs 25:85-94. 2007..To evaluate the tolerability and efficacy of nolatrexed in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Randomized phase II trial of cetuximab, bevacizumab, and irinotecan compared with cetuximab and bevacizumab alone in irinotecan-refractory colorectal cancer: the BOND-2 studyLeonard B Saltz
Department of Biostatistics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:4557-61. 2007..We evaluated the safety and efficacy of concurrent administration of two monoclonal antibodies, cetuximab and bevacizumab, in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer...
- Update on clinical data with regimens inhibiting angiogenesis and epidermal growth factor receptor for patients with newly diagnosed metastatic colorectal cancerDeirdre J Cohen
Department of Medicine, NYU Clinical Cancer Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
Clin Colorectal Cancer 7:S21-7. 2007....
- Consensus report of the international society of gastrointestinal oncology on therapeutic progress in advanced pancreatic cancerHoward S Hochster
Department of Medicine Clinical Pharmacology, New York University Cancer Institute, New York, New York, USA
Cancer 107:676-85. 2006..Other targeted therapies also are considered for future clinical trials. Based on a comprehensive review of past trials, a consensus on endpoints in the treatment of pancreatic cancer and an approach to new trials is presented...
- Capecitabine plus oxaliplatin vs infusional 5-fluorouracil plus oxaliplatin in the treatment of colorectal cancer. Con: Pumpin' FU (or, avoiding that oral fixation)Howard S Hochster
New York University Cancer Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 3:405-6. 2005
- Opportunities for newer agents in combination with oxaliplatinHoward S Hochster
Department of Medicine, NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Semin Oncol 30:62-7. 2003..The rationale for combinations with oxaliplatin and early clinical trial results are discussed...
- Use of calcium and magnesium salts to reduce oxaliplatin-related neurotoxicityHoward S Hochster
J Clin Oncol 25:4028-9. 2007
- Recent developments in the clinical activity of topoisomerase-1 inhibitorsMax Kreditor
Cancer Chemother Biol Response Modif 22:61-100. 2005
- Pharmacodynamics of Gemcitabine by MRS in Pancreatic CAHoward Hochster; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..