Affiliation: New England College of Optometry
- Autism as a disorder of predictionPawan Sinha
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:15220-5. 2014..If validated, this hypothesis has the potential of providing unifying insights into multiple aspects of autism, with attendant benefits for improving diagnosis and therapy. ..
- Visual-haptic mapping and the origin of cross-modal identityRichard Held
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Optom Vis Sci 86:595-8. 2009..Moreover, the original ability to identify objects across modalities by the neonate may be assured by the same process...
- The newly sighted fail to match seen with feltRichard Held
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Neurosci 14:551-3. 2011..We tested their ability to visually match an object to a haptically sensed sample after sight restoration. We found a lack of immediate transfer, but such cross-modal mappings developed rapidly...
- The association of wavefront aberration and accommodative lag in myopesJi C He
Myopia Research Center, New England College of Optometry Boston, 424 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Vision Res 45:285-90. 2005..45, p < 0.02) and approached significance in the distance-induced condition (r = -0.35, p = 0.07). No significant correlations were found for emmetropes. Possible reasons to account for these results are discussed...
- Increased accommodation following adaptation to image blur in myopesFuensanta A Vera-Diaz
Department of Vision Science, The New England College of Optometry, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Vis 4:1111-9. 2004..The refractive group differences in the accommodative response may be related to differences in the habitual response to image clarity between myopes and emmetropes under normal viewing conditions...
- Accommodation, accommodative convergence, and response AC/A ratios before and at the onset of myopia in childrenJane Gwiazda
Myopia Research Center, The New England College of Optometry, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Optom Vis Sci 82:273-8. 2005..The purpose of this study was to investigate accommodation, accommodative convergence, and AC/A ratios before and at the onset of myopia in children...