Immo A Hansen
Affiliation: New Mexico State University
- AaCAT1 of the yellow fever mosquito, Aedes aegypti: a novel histidine-specific amino acid transporter from the SLC7 familyImmo A Hansen
Department of Biology and Institute of Applied Biosciences, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003 8001, USA
J Biol Chem 286:10803-13. 2011..Our data show that AaCAT1 has notable differences in its transport mechanism when compared with related mammalian cationic amino acid transporters. It may execute histidine-specific transport and signaling in mosquito tissues...
- The effect of the radio-protective agents ethanol, trimethylglycine, and beer on survival of X-ray-sterilized male Aedes aegyptiStacy D Rodriguez
Department of Biology, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM, USA
Parasit Vectors 6:211. 2013..The present study explored new protocols for mosquito sterilization with ionizing radiation that minimized detrimental effects on the longevity of irradiated males...
- SLC7 amino acid transporters of the yellow fever mosquito Aedes aegypti and their role in fat body TOR signaling and reproductionVictoria K Carpenter
Department of Biology, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM 88003, USA
J Insect Physiol 58:513-22. 2012..In this study we focused on the solute carrier 7 family (SLC7), a family of AA transporters present in all metazoans that includes members with strong substrate specificity for cationic AAs...
- The fat body transcriptomes of the yellow fever mosquito Aedes aegypti, pre- and post- blood mealDavid P Price
The Molecular Biology Program, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e22573. 2011....
- The Aquaporin gene family of the yellow fever mosquito, Aedes aegyptiLisa L Drake
Department of Biology, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA
PLoS ONE 5:e15578. 2010..Our aim was to identify aquaporins that function as water channels, mediating transcellular water transport in MTs of adult female Ae. aegypti...