Genomes and Genes
Leslie I Gold
Affiliation: New York University School of Medicine
- Unfolding the complexities of ER chaperones in health and disease: report on the 11th international calreticulin workshopLESLIE GOLD
Department of Medicine, New York University, 462 First Ave, New York, NY, 10016, USA
Cell Stress Chaperones 20:875-83. 2015..The 12th calreticulin workshop is planned for the spring of 2017 in Delphi, Greece...
- Inhibitors of SCF-Skp2/Cks1 E3 ligase block estrogen-induced growth stimulation and degradation of nuclear p27kip1: therapeutic potential for endometrial cancerSavvas C Pavlides
PhD, Department of Medicine, Division of Translational Medicine, 550 First Avenue, NB17E4, New York, NY 10016
Endocrinology 154:4030-45. 2013..These targeted inhibitors have the potential to be an important therapeutic advance over general proteasome inhibitors for cancers characterized by SCF-Skp2/Cks1-mediated destruction of nuclear p27. ..
- Calreticulin: non-endoplasmic reticulum functions in physiology and diseaseLeslie I Gold
Departments of Medicine and Pathology, New York, University School of Medicine, 550 First Ave, NB16S13 New York, NY 10016 USA
FASEB J 24:665-83. 2010..Gold, L. I., Eggleton, P., Sweetwyne, M. T., Van Duyn, L. B., Greives, M. R., Naylor, S.-M., Michalak, M., Murphy-Ullrich, J. E. Calreticulin: non-endoplamic reticulum functions in physiology and disease...
- Exogenous calreticulin improves diabetic wound healingMatthew R Greives
Department of Medicine and Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Wound Repair Regen 20:715-30. 2012..These studies implicate CRT as a potential powerful topical therapeutic agent for the treatment of diabetic and other chronic wounds...
- Estrogen and progesterone regulate p27kip1 levels via the ubiquitin-proteasome system: pathogenic and therapeutic implications for endometrial cancerKuang Tzu Huang
Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e46072. 2012..The data implicates that preventing nuclear p27 degradation by blocking Skp2/Cks1-mediated degradation of p27 or increasing Cdh1 to mediate degradation of Skp2-Cks1 are potential strategies for the prevention and treatment of ECA...
- Overview of the role for calreticulin in the enhancement of wound healing through multiple biological effectsLeslie I Gold
Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc 11:57-65. 2006..Thus, CRT profoundly affects the wound healing process by recruiting cells essential for repair into the wound, stimulating cell growth, and increasing extracellular matrix production...
- TGFbeta prevents proteasomal degradation of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27kip1 for cell cycle arrestJon Lecanda
Department of Medicine and New York University Cancer Institute, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Cell Cycle 8:742-56. 2009..The TGFbeta/p27 axis might provide novel therapeutic targets for cancer...
- Transforming growth factor-beta, estrogen, and progesterone converge on the regulation of p27Kip1 in the normal and malignant endometriumJon Lecanda
Departments of Pathology and Medicine, NYU Cancer Institute, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Cancer Res 67:1007-18. 2007..Thus, p27 may be a central target for growth regulation of normal endometrium and in the pathogenesis of ECA...
- Gene expression studies provide clues to the pathogenesis of uterine leiomyoma: new evidence and a systematic reviewAlan A Arslan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Department of Environmental Medicine, Department of Pathology and Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Hum Reprod 20:852-63. 2005..Familial and epidemiological studies provide compelling evidence that genetic alterations play an important role in leiomyoma development...
- Binding of polymeric IgG to fibronectin in extracellular matrices: an in vitro paradigm for immune-complex depositionAgueda A Rostagno
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue NB16N28, New York, NY 10017, USA
Mol Immunol 38:1101-11. 2002....
- Transforming growth factor beta signaling is disabled early in human endometrial carcinogenesis concomitant with loss of growth inhibitionTrilok V Parekh
Department of Pathology, Kaplan Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York University School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Cancer Res 62:2778-90. 2002....