Genomes and Genes
Antonio J Giraldez
Affiliation: New York University
- MicroRNAs regulate brain morphogenesis in zebrafishAntonio J Giraldez
Developmental Genetics Program, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine and Department of Cell Biology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Science 308:833-8. 2005..Injection of miR-430 miRNAs rescues the brain defects in MZdicer mutants, revealing essential roles for miRNAs during morphogenesis...
- Zebrafish MiR-430 promotes deadenylation and clearance of maternal mRNAsAntonio J Giraldez
Developmental Genetics Program, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, and Department of Cell Biology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Science 312:75-9. 2006..We also show that miR-430 accelerates the deadenylation of target mRNAs. These results suggest that miR-430 facilitates the deadenylation and clearance of maternal mRNAs during early embryogenesis...
- Differential regulation of germline mRNAs in soma and germ cells by zebrafish miR-430Yuichiro Mishima
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University, 1 1 Rokkodaicho, Nadaku, Kobe 657 8501, Japan
Curr Biol 16:2135-42. 2006..These results indicate that miR-430 targets the 3' UTRs of germline genes and suggest that differential susceptibility to microRNAs contributes to tissue-specific gene expression...
- Target protectors reveal dampening and balancing of Nodal agonist and antagonist by miR-430Wen Yee Choi
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, 16 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Science 318:271-4. 2007..These findings establish an approach to analyze the in vivo roles of specific miRNA-mRNA pairs and reveal a requirement for miRNAs in dampening and balancing agonist/antagonist pairs...
- Members of the miRNA-200 family regulate olfactory neurogenesisPhilip S Choi
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Neuron 57:41-55. 2008....
- Opposing activities of Dally-like glypican at high and low levels of Wingless morphogen activityJohan Kreuger
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Dev Cell 7:503-12. 2004..Notum-induced shedding of Dlp could convert Dlp from a membrane-tethered coreceptor to a secreted antagonist...
- Nodal stability determines signaling rangeJ Ann Le Good
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research ISREC, Chemin des Boveresses 155, CH 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
Curr Biol 15:31-6. 2005..These results suggest that increased proteolytic maturation of Nodal potentiates autocrine signaling, whereas increased Nodal stability extends paracrine signaling...
- miR-1-2 gets to the heart of the matterYuichiro Mishima
Department of Genetics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Cell 129:247-9. 2007..In this issue, Zhao et al. (2007) generate mice deficient in a cardiac-specific miRNA, miR-1-2, and reveal that this microRNA plays a crucial role in heart development and physiology...