Yelena Z Ginzburg
Affiliation: New York Blood Center
- Exogenous iron increases hemoglobin in beta-thalassemic miceYelena Z Ginzburg
Erythropoiesis Laboratory, New York Blood Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Exp Hematol 37:172-83. 2009..We hypothesized that exogenous iron would improve anemia in beta-thalassemia intermedia despite systemic iron overload and further suppress hepcidin secondary to progressive expansion of erythroid precursors...
- β-thalassemia: a model for elucidating the dynamic regulation of ineffective erythropoiesis and iron metabolismYelena Ginzburg
New York Blood Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Blood 118:4321-30. 2011....
- Transferrin therapy ameliorates disease in beta-thalassemic miceHuihui Li
Erythropoiesis Laboratory, Lindsley F Kimball Research Institute, New York Blood Center, New York, New York, USA
Nat Med 16:177-82. 2010..These results indicate that transferrin is a limiting factor contributing to anemia in these mice and suggest that transferrin therapy might be beneficial in human beta-thalassemia...
- Transfusion of human volunteers with older, stored red blood cells produces extravascular hemolysis and circulating non-transferrin-bound ironEldad A Hod
Departments of Pathology and Cell Biology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY 10032, USA
Blood 118:6675-82. 2011..94, P = .002). Therefore, circulating non-transferrin-bound iron derived from rapid clearance of transfused, older stored RBCs may enhance transfusion-related complications, such as infection...
- Crosstalk between Iron Metabolism and ErythropoiesisHuihui Li
Lindsley F Kimball Research Institute, New York Blood Center, 310 East 67th Street, 1 38, NY 10065, USA
Adv Hematol 2010:605435. 2010....