Gene S Fisch
Affiliation: New York University
- Autism and epistemology III: Child development, behavioral stability, and reliability of measurementGene S Fisch
Department of Epidemiology and Health Promotion, NYU Colleges of Dentistry and Nursing, New York, New York 10003, USA
Am J Med Genet A 158:969-79. 2012..A resolution to these problems is proposed...
- Nosology and epidemiology in autism: classification countsGene S Fisch
Department of Epidemiology and Health Promotion, NYU Colleges of Dentistry and Nursing, 250 Park Ave S, 6th Fl, New York, NY 10003, USA
Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet 160:91-103. 2012....
- The course of cognitive-behavioral development in children with the FMR1 mutation, Williams-Beuren syndrome, and neurofibromatosis type 1: The effect of genderGene S Fisch
NYU College of Dentistry New York, New York 10003, USA
Am J Med Genet A 152:1498-509. 2010..Moreover, significant declines were found only among males with the FMR1 mutation. Unlike declines in IQ scores, decreases in DQ were not significantly different between males and females...
- Cognitive-behavioral features of Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome and other subtelomeric microdeletionsGene S Fisch
NYU Colleges of Dentistry and Nursing in New York City, New York 10003, USA
Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet 154:417-26. 2010..Importantly, the proportion of children with WHS with autism or autistic-like features is significantly lower than the rates of autism found in the other subtelomeric disorders we examined...
- Cognitive-behavioral features of children with Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome: preliminary report of 12 casesGene S Fisch
NYU Colleges of Dentistry and Nursing, New York, NY 10010, USA
Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet 148:252-6. 2008..We conclude that different genetic disorders, which cause MR, produce diverse cognitive-behavioral profiles. Consequently, cognitive-behavioral profiles of children with MR need to be assessed more comprehensively...
- Syndromes and epistemology II: is autism a polygenic disorder?Gene S Fisch
NYU Colleges of Dentistry and Nursing, New York, New York, USA
Am J Med Genet A 146:2203-12. 2008
- Studies of age-correlated features of cognitive-behavioral development in children and adolescents with genetic disordersGene S Fisch
NYU Colleges of Dentistry and Nursing, New York, New York 10010, USA
Am J Med Genet A 143:2478-89. 2007..Our findings suggest the need for examining longitudinal developmental cognitive-behavioral changes in children and adolescents with all genetic disorders that produce LD or MR...
- Genotype-phenotype association studies of chromosome 8p inverted duplication deletion syndromeGene S Fisch
Department of Epidemiology and Health Promotion, Colleges of Dentistry and Nursing, New York University, USA
Behav Genet 41:373-80. 2011..A limitation of the study is its small sample size. Further analyses of the deleted and over-expressed regions are needed to ascertain the genes involved in cognitive function and, possibly, autism...
- Developmental trajectories in syndromes with intellectual disability, with a focus on Wolf-Hirschhorn and its cognitive-behavioral profileGene S Fisch
New York University Colleges of Dentistry and Nursing and Yeshiva University, New York, New York 10003, USA
Am J Intellect Dev Disabil 117:167-79. 2012..Results suggest different gene-brain-behavior pathways likely exist for these genetic disorders. Different developmental trajectories will influence the type and intensity of intervention implemented by caregivers...
- Use of a mucoadhesive disk for relief of dry mouth: a randomized, double-masked, controlled crossover studyA Ross Kerr
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, Radiology and Medicine, NewYork University College of Dentistry, New York, NY 10010, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 141:1250-6. 2010..Dry mouth is a frequent complaint of adults worldwide. In those who experience dry mouth, therapeutic options include the use of salivary substitutes and sialogogues...
- Cognitive-behavioral profiles of females with the fragile X mutationGene S Fisch
Yeshiva University, New York, New York 10031, USA
Am J Med Genet A 140:673-7. 2006..Although we found the expected differences in composite IQ scores and adaptive behavior composite scores (DQ) between FM and PM females, we found no significant differences between verbal and quantitative reasoning in either group...
- Autism and epistemology IV: Does autism need a theory of mind?Gene S Fisch
Department of Epidemiology and Health Promotion, NYU Colleges of Dentistry and Nursing, New York, New York
Am J Med Genet A 161:2464-80. 2013....
- Longitudinal changes in cognitive and adaptive behavior scores in children and adolescents with the fragile X mutation or autismGene S Fisch
General Clinical Research Center, School of Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8010, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 32:107-14. 2002..Comparable declines in adaptive behavior composite scores were observed in both groups, at all ages tested, and across all adaptive behavior domains...
- Task analysis of the preincision period in a pediatric operating suite: an independent observer-based study of 656 casesHaleh Saadat
Department of Anesthesiology, Yale University School of Medicine and Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8051, USA
Anesth Analg 103:928-31. 2006..These factors should be considered when scheduling a surgical case...
- Syndromes and epistemology I: Autistic spectrum disordersGene S Fisch
North Shore LIJ Research Institute, Manhasset, New York 11030, USA
Am J Med Genet A 135:117-9. 2005