Thomas C Evans
Affiliation: New England Biolabs
- Protein splicing elements and plants: from transgene containment to protein purificationThomas C Evans
New England Biolabs, Inc, Beverly, Massachusetts 01915, USA
Annu Rev Plant Biol 56:375-92. 2005..Finally, relevant techniques that may be used in plants in the future are discussed...
- DNA damage in preserved specimens and tissue samples: a molecular assessmentJuergen Zimmermann
New England Biolabs Inc, 240 County Rd, Ipswich, MA, 01938, USA
Front Zool 5:18. 2008..We characterize the fragmentation state of the DNA and aim to identify abundant nucleoside lesions. Finally, simple models are introduced to describe the DNA fragmentation based on nicks and double-strand breaks...
- A human PMS2 homologue from Aquifex aeolicus stimulates an ATP-dependent DNA helicaseJerome Mauris
New England Biolabs Inc, Ipswich, Massachusetts 01938, USA
J Biol Chem 285:11087-92. 2010....
- Mutational analysis of protein splicing, cleavage, and self-association reactions mediated by the naturally split Ssp DnaE inteinNicole Magnasco Nichols
New England Biolabs, Inc, Beverly, Massachusetts 01915 5599, USA
Biochemistry 43:10265-76. 2004....
- Zinc ion effects on individual Ssp DnaE intein splicing steps: regulating pathway progressionNicole Magnasco Nichols
New England Biolabs, Inc, Beverly, Massachusetts 01915 5599, USA
Biochemistry 42:5301-11. 2003..By inhibiting both the splicing pathway and spontaneous hydrolysis with Zn(2+), reactants can be diverted from the trans splicing to the trans cleavage pathway where DTT and EDTA can regulate N- and C-terminal cleavage, respectively...
- Efficient DNA ligation in DNA-RNA hybrid helices by Chlorella virus DNA ligaseGregory J S Lohman
DNA Enzymes Division, New England Biolabs, Inc, Ipswich, MA 01938 2723, USA, RNA Biology Division, New England Biolabs, Inc, Ipswich, MA 01938 2723, USA and Applications Development, New England Biolabs, Inc, Ipswich, MA 01938 2723, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 42:1831-44. 2014..Furthermore, this ligase was used in a ligation-based detection assay system to show increased sensitivity over T4 DNA ligase in the specific detection of a target mRNA...
- Kinetic characterization of single strand break ligation in duplex DNA by T4 DNA ligaseGregory J S Lohman
New England Biolabs Inc, Ipswich, Massachusetts 01938 2723, USA
J Biol Chem 286:44187-96. 2011..Pre-steady state reactions displayed a clear burst phase, consistent with this conclusion...
- Site-specific protein labeling by intein-mediated protein ligationInca Ghosh
New England Biolabs, Ipswich, MA 01938, USA
Methods Mol Biol 705:87-107. 2011..This chapter also gives a general review of the critical parameters of intein-mediated cleavage and ligation reactions...
- Sequence specificity and role of proximal amino acids of the histone H3 tail on catalysis of murine G9A lysine 9 histone H3 methyltransferaseHang Gyeong Chin
New England Biolabs, 240 County Road, Ipswich, Massachusetts 01938 2723, USA
Biochemistry 44:12998-3006. 2005..Thus, Ser-10/Thr-11 phosphorylation impairs Lys-9 methylation. These data suggest that the sequence context of the modified residue affects G9a activity and the modification in the proximal amino acids influences methylation...
- Protein trans-splicing in transgenic plant chloroplast: reconstruction of herbicide resistance from split genesHang Gyeong Chin
New England Biolabs, 32 Tozer Road, Beverly, MA 01915 5054, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:4510-5. 2003..Furthermore, these transgenic plants displayed improved resistance to the herbicide N-(phosphonomethyl)glycine (glyphosate) when compared with wild-type N. tabacum...
- Recent advances in protein splicing: manipulating proteins in vitro and in vivoMing Qun Xu
New England Biolabs, Inc, 32 Tozer Road, Beverly, Massachusetts 01915, USA
Curr Opin Biotechnol 16:440-6. 2005..Inteins have been utilized in the production of protein and peptide arrays, as molecular switches and in the reconstitution of functional proteins by split-gene techniques...
- Diagnosis of brugian filariasis by loop-mediated isothermal amplificationCatherine B Poole
New England Biolabs, Ipswich, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 6:e1948. 2012..The results indicate that the Brugia Hha I repeat LAMP assay is rapid, sensitive and Brugia-specific with the potential to be developed further as a field tool for diagnosis and mapping of brugian filariasis...
- Adenosine triphosphate stimulates Aquifex aeolicus MutL endonuclease activityJerome Mauris
New England Biolabs, Inc, Ipswich, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e7175. 2009..Mutational analysis has identified the DQHA(X)(2)E(X)(4)E motif present in the C-terminus of PMS2 homologues as important for endonuclease activity...
- Simultaneous multiple target detection in real-time loop-mediated isothermal amplificationNathan A Tanner
New England Biolabs, Ipswich, MA, USA
Biotechniques 53:81-9. 2012..The coupling of this new multiplex technique with next generation isothermal DNA polymerases should increase the utility of the LAMP method for molecular diagnostics...
- Visual detection of isothermal nucleic acid amplification using pH-sensitive dyesNathan A Tanner
DNA Enzymes Division, New England Biolabs, Ipswich, MA
Biotechniques 58:59-68. 2015....
- An improved method for utilization of peptide substrates for antibody characterization and enzymatic assaysInca Ghosh
New England Biolabs, Inc, 32 Tozer Road, Beverly, MA 01915, USA
J Immunol Methods 293:85-95. 2004..These techniques do not require sophisticated equipment, reagents, or skills thereby providing a simple method for research and development...
- Purification of recombinant proteins from E. coli by engineered inteinsMing Qun Xu
New England Biolabs, Inc, Beverly, MA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 205:43-68. 2003
- Loop-mediated isothermal amplification for detection of nucleic acidsNathan A Tanner
New England Biolabs, Ipswich, Massachusetts
Curr Protoc Mol Biol 105:Unit 15.14.. 2014..Basic LAMP protocols are provided herein for detection of specific DNA and RNA targets, along with a method to perform multiplex LAMP reactions, permitting even greater flexibility from this powerful technique...
- Crystal structures of an intein from the split dnaE gene of Synechocystis sp. PCC6803 reveal the catalytic model without the penultimate histidine and the mechanism of zinc ion inhibition of protein splicingPing Sun
Laboratory of Structural Biology, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, People s Republic of China
J Mol Biol 353:1093-105. 2005....