Affiliation: New Jersey
- Trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy for children: impact of the trauma narrative and treatment lengthEsther Deblinger
CARES Institute, UMDNJ School of Osteopathic Medicine, 42 East Laurel Road, Stratford, NJ 08084, USA
Depress Anxiety 28:67-75. 2011..This study examined the differential effects of TF-CBT with or without the TN component in 8 versus 16 sessions...
- Comparative efficacies of supportive and cognitive behavioral group therapies for young children who have been sexually abused and their nonoffending mothersE Deblinger
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, School of Osteopathic Medicine, Center for Children s Support, Stratford 08084, USA
Child Maltreat 6:332-43. 2001..The children treated with cognitive behavioral therapy demonstrated greater improvement in their knowledge regarding body safety skills at posttest than did the children who received supportive therapy...
- Caregivers' efforts to educate their children about child sexual abuse. A replication studyEsther Deblinger
UMDNJ School of Osteopathic Medicine, CARES Institute, 42 East Laurel Road, UDP 1100, Stratford, NJ 08084, USA
Child Maltreat 15:91-100. 2010..These findings were surprisingly similar to earlier investigations despite methodological and sampling differences across investigations. Implications and limitations of the current survey findings discussed...
- A follow-up study of a multisite, randomized, controlled trial for children with sexual abuse-related PTSD symptomsEsther Deblinger
Department of Psychiatry, School of Osteopathic Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Stratford, NJ 08084, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:1474-84. 2006....
- Understanding and treating feelings of shame in children who have experienced maltreatmentEsther Deblinger
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, School of Osteopathic Medicine, USA
Child Maltreat 10:364-76. 2005..Directions for future research that may further our understanding of the development, impact, and treatment of feelings of shame are suggested...
- A multisite, randomized controlled trial for children with sexual abuse-related PTSD symptomsJudith A Cohen
Department of Psychiatry, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh PA 15212, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 43:393-402. 2004....
- Community outreach program for child victims of traumatic events: a community-based project for underserved populationsMichael A de Arellano
Department of Psychiatry, Medical University of South Carolina, USA
Behav Modif 29:130-55. 2005....
- An overview of child physical abuse: developing an integrated parent-child cognitive-behavioral treatment approachMelissa K Runyon
Center for Children s Support, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Osteopathic Medicine, NJ, USA
Trauma Violence Abuse 5:65-85. 2004..Implications for practice, public policy, and research are also addressed...
- Girls who disclose sexual abuse: urogenital symptoms and signs after genital contactCynthia Delago
Department of Pediatrics, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Pediatrics 122:e281-6. 2008..Little information is available about idiosyncratic historical details provided by sexually abused girls, yet this information can help medical professionals diagnose sexual abuse...
- Adolescents' responses to sexual abuse evaluation including the use of video colposcopyCynthia J Mears
The Department of Pediatrics, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Adolesc Health 33:18-24. 2003..To examine adolescents' responses to a medical examination, which included the use of video colposcopy, conducted during an investigation of possible child sexual abuse...