Affiliation: New York University School of Medicine
- Hox repertoires for motor neuron diversity and connectivity gated by a single accessory factor, FoxP1Jeremy S Dasen
Smilow Neuroscience Program, Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Cell 134:304-16. 2008..Our findings show that FoxP1 is a crucial determinant of motor neuron diversification and connectivity, and clarify how this Hox regulatory network controls the formation of a topographic neural map...
- Global control of motor neuron topography mediated by the repressive actions of a single hox geneHeekyung Jung
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Smilow Neuroscience Program, Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Neuron 67:781-96. 2010..Genome-wide analysis of Hoxc9 binding suggests that this mode of repression is mediated by direct interactions with Hox regulatory elements, independent of chromatin marks typically associated with repressed Hox genes...
- Motor neuron columnar fate imposed by sequential phases of Hox-c activityJeremy S Dasen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Columbia University, 701 West 168th Street, New York, New York 10032, USA
Nature 425:926-33. 2003..Hox proteins also direct the expression of genes that establish motor topographic projections, thus implicating Hox proteins as critical determinants of spinal motor neuron identity and organization...
- Hox networks and the origins of motor neuron diversityJeremy S Dasen
Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Curr Top Dev Biol 88:169-200. 2009..The emerging logic of Hox protein function in motor neuron specification may provide more general insights into the programs that determine synaptic specificity in other CNS regions...
- Functional diversity of ESC-derived motor neuron subtypes revealed through intraspinal transplantationMirza Peljto
Department of Pathology and Cell Biology, Neurology, and Neuroscience, Center for Motor Neuron Biology and Disease, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Cell Stem Cell 7:355-66. 2010..ESC-derived motor neurons can therefore be programmed in a predictive manner to acquire molecular and functional properties that characterize one of the many dozens of specialized motor neuron subtypes that exist in vivo...
- Transcriptional networks in the early development of sensory-motor circuitsJeremy S Dasen
Smilow Neuroscience Program, Department of Physiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Curr Top Dev Biol 87:119-48. 2009....
- A Hox regulatory network establishes motor neuron pool identity and target-muscle connectivityJeremy S Dasen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, NY 10032, USA
Cell 123:477-91. 2005..This Hox regulatory network directs the downstream transcriptional identity of motor neuron pools and defines the pattern of target-muscle connectivity...
- Transcriptional mechanisms controlling motor neuron diversity and connectivitySimon A Dalla Torre di Sanguinetto
Biozentrum, Department of Cell Biology, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Curr Opin Neurobiol 18:36-43. 2008..Similar principles using modular interaction of transcriptional programs to control neuronal diversification and circuit connectivity are likely to act in other CNS circuits...
- Paired-like repression/activation in pituitary developmentLorin E Olson
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine, La Jolla, California 92093 0648, USA
Recent Prog Horm Res 58:249-61. 2003..The opposing actions of these factors provide one aspect of pituitary organogenesis...
- Transcriptional Control of Motor Neuron Identity and ConnectivityJeremy S Dasen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding the steps that determine the intrinsic properties of motor neurons may be essential in designing treatment strategies after spinal cord injury. ..
- Transcriptional Control of Motor Neuron Identity and ConnectivityJEREMY DASEN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding the steps that determine the intrinsic properties of motor neurons may be essential in designing treatment strategies after spinal cord injury. ..