Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: New York University School of Medicine
- Genetic and functional modularity of Hox activities in the specification of limb-innervating motor neuronsJulie LaCombe
Smilow Neuroscience Program, Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, NYU School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
PLoS Genet 9:e1003184. 2013....
- Sustained Hox5 gene activity is required for respiratory motor neuron developmentPolyxeni Philippidou
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, New York University School of Medicine, Smilow Neuroscience Program, Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, New York, New York, USA
Nat Neurosci 15:1636-44. 2012..These findings indicate that Hox5 genes orchestrate PMC development through deployment of temporally distinct wiring programs...
- Long noncoding RNAs in development: solidifying the Lncs to Hox gene regulationJeremy S Dasen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, NYU Neuroscience Institute, Department of Neuroscience and Physiology, NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA Electronic address
Cell Rep 5:1-2. 2013..In this issue of Cell Reports, Delpretti et al. and Li et al. suggest essential roles for lncRNAs in coordinating Hox gene expression. ..
- Hox repertoires for motor neuron diversity and connectivity gated by a single accessory factor, FoxP1Jeremy S Dasen
Smilow Neuroscience Program, Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Cell 134:304-16. 2008..Our findings show that FoxP1 is a crucial determinant of motor neuron diversification and connectivity, and clarify how this Hox regulatory network controls the formation of a topographic neural map...
- Global control of motor neuron topography mediated by the repressive actions of a single hox geneHeekyung Jung
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Smilow Neuroscience Program, Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Neuron 67:781-96. 2010..Genome-wide analysis of Hoxc9 binding suggests that this mode of repression is mediated by direct interactions with Hox regulatory elements, independent of chromatin marks typically associated with repressed Hox genes...
- Motor neuron columnar fate imposed by sequential phases of Hox-c activityJeremy S Dasen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Columbia University, 701 West 168th Street, New York, New York 10032, USA
Nature 425:926-33. 2003..Hox proteins also direct the expression of genes that establish motor topographic projections, thus implicating Hox proteins as critical determinants of spinal motor neuron identity and organization...
- Functional diversity of ESC-derived motor neuron subtypes revealed through intraspinal transplantationMirza Peljto
Department of Pathology and Cell Biology, Neurology, and Neuroscience, Center for Motor Neuron Biology and Disease, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Cell Stem Cell 7:355-66. 2010..ESC-derived motor neurons can therefore be programmed in a predictive manner to acquire molecular and functional properties that characterize one of the many dozens of specialized motor neuron subtypes that exist in vivo...
- Hox networks and the origins of motor neuron diversityJeremy S Dasen
Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Curr Top Dev Biol 88:169-200. 2009..The emerging logic of Hox protein function in motor neuron specification may provide more general insights into the programs that determine synaptic specificity in other CNS regions...
- Transcriptional networks in the early development of sensory-motor circuitsJeremy S Dasen
Smilow Neuroscience Program, Department of Physiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Curr Top Dev Biol 87:119-48. 2009....
- Transcriptional mechanisms controlling motor neuron diversity and connectivitySimon A Dalla Torre di Sanguinetto
Biozentrum, Department of Cell Biology, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Curr Opin Neurobiol 18:36-43. 2008..Similar principles using modular interaction of transcriptional programs to control neuronal diversification and circuit connectivity are likely to act in other CNS circuits...
- A Hox regulatory network establishes motor neuron pool identity and target-muscle connectivityJeremy S Dasen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, NY 10032, USA
Cell 123:477-91. 2005..This Hox regulatory network directs the downstream transcriptional identity of motor neuron pools and defines the pattern of target-muscle connectivity...
- Paired-like repression/activation in pituitary developmentLorin E Olson
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine, La Jolla, California 92093 0648, USA
Recent Prog Horm Res 58:249-61. 2003..The opposing actions of these factors provide one aspect of pituitary organogenesis...