FRANCISCO X CASTELLANOS
Affiliation: New York University
- Neuroscience of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: the search for endophenotypesF Xavier Castellanos
New York University Child Study Center, 577 First Avenue, CSC 204, New York, New York 10016 6404, USA
Nat Rev Neurosci 3:617-28. 2002
- Proceed, with caution: SPECT cerebral blood flow studies of children and adolescents with attention deficit hyperactivity disorderF Xavier Castellanos
NYU Child Study Center, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Nucl Med 43:1630-3. 2002
- Anatomic brain abnormalities in monozygotic twins discordant for attention deficit hyperactivity disorderF Xavier Castellanos
Child Psychiatry Branch, National Institute of Mental Health NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Psychiatry 160:1693-6. 2003..To examine brain-behavior relationships in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), the authors obtained magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans of monozygotic twins discordant for ADHD...
- [The neuroanatomy of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder]F X Castellanos
Institute of Pediatric Neuroscience, NYU Child Study Center, New York NY 10016 6404, USA
Rev Neurol 38:S131-6. 2004..Specific regional differences have been found in many studies in the basal ganglia with the most prominent differences being found in the cerebellum...
- Varieties of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder-related intra-individual variabilityF Xavier Castellanos
Institute for Pediatric Neuroscience, New York University, Child Study Center, NYU School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Biol Psychiatry 57:1416-23. 2005..These results highlight the importance of retaining time-series data and quantitatively examining intra-subject measures of variability as a putative endophenotype for ADHD...
- Characterizing cognition in ADHD: beyond executive dysfunctionF Xavier Castellanos
Institute for Pediatric Neuroscience, NYU Child Study Center, 215 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Trends Cogn Sci 10:117-23. 2006..Such a reconceptualization provides a means to transcend the limits of current models of executive dysfunction in ADHD and suggests a plan for future research on cognition grounded in neurophysiological and developmental considerations...
- In vivo assessment of age-related brain iron differences by magnetic field correlation imagingVitria Adisetiyo
Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 36:322-31. 2012..Brain region measures were compared with nonheme iron concentrations (C(PM) ) based on a prior postmortem study...
- Preliminary evidence of altered gray and white matter microstructural development in the frontal lobe of adolescents with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: a diffusional kurtosis imaging studyJoseph A Helpern
Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 33:17-23. 2011....
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder without comorbidity is associated with distinct atypical patterns of cerebral microstructural developmentVitria Adisetiyo
Department of Radiology, Center for Biomedical Imaging, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York
Hum Brain Mapp 35:2148-62. 2014..Our results suggest that different phenotypic manifestations of ADHD, defined by the presence or absence of comorbidity, differ in cerebral microstructural markers. Hum Brain Mapp 35:2148-2162, 2014. © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Impact of the impairment criterion in the diagnosis of adult ADHD: 33-year follow-up study of boys with ADHDSalvatore Mannuzza
New York University Child Study Center, 215 Lexington Avenue, Floor 13, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Atten Disord 15:122-9. 2011..To investigate the relationship between ADHD symptoms and impairment among adults diagnosed as having ADHD in childhood (ages 6-12)...
- Age-related non-Gaussian diffusion patterns in the prefrontal brainMaria F Falangola
Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 28:1345-50. 2008..To characterize age-related MR diffusion patterns of the prefrontal brain cortex microstructure using a new method for investigating the non-Gaussian behavior of water diffusion called diffusional kurtosis imaging (DKI)...
- Age of methylphenidate treatment initiation in children with ADHD and later substance abuse: prospective follow-up into adulthoodSalvatore Mannuzza
New York University Child Study Center, New York University Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, New York 10016, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:604-9. 2008..The purpose of this study was to examine whether age at initiation of stimulant treatment in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is related to the subsequent development of substance use disorders...
- Lovastatin regulates brain spontaneous low-frequency brain activity in neurofibromatosis type 1Camille Chabernaud
Phyllis Green and Randolph Cowen Institute for Pediatric Neuroscience at the New York University Langone Medical Center, 215 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Neurosci Lett 515:28-33. 2012..These preliminary results are consistent with a role for lovastatin in normalization of developmental processes and with apparent benefits in a mouse NF1 model...
- Neurobiology of attention deficit hyperactivity disorderChristian Kieling
Department of Psychiatry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Rua Ramiro Barcelos, 2350 2201A 90035 903, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 17:285-307, viii. 2008..Finally, the article addresses the longitudinal course of symptoms in ADHD from infancy to adulthood in an attempt to place biological findings for this complex brain disorder in the context of maturation and development...
- Cerebellar-Striatal-Prefrontal Dysfunction in ADHDFrancisco Castellanos; Fiscal Year: 2004..Eventually, such advances in nosology will lead to improved matches between treatment options and the underlying disorder(s). ..
- Research Training in Child and Adolescent Mental HealthFrancisco Castellanos; Fiscal Year: 2007....