Jonathan D Brodie
Affiliation: New York University
- Treating cocaine addiction: from preclinical to clinical trial experience with gamma-vinyl GABAJonathan D Brodie
Department of Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Synapse 50:261-5. 2003
- Safety and efficacy of gamma-vinyl GABA (GVG) for the treatment of methamphetamine and/or cocaine addictionJonathan D Brodie
Department of Psychiatry, NYU School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Synapse 55:122-5. 2005..Thus, under conditions that appear to be appropriate for the successful treatment of methamphetamine and/or cocaine addiction, GVG is safe...
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of vigabatrin for the treatment of cocaine dependence in Mexican paroleesJonathan D Brodie
Department of Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Am J Psychiatry 166:1269-77. 2009..The purpose of the present study was to assess the efficacy of vigabatrin for short-term cocaine abstinence in cocaine-dependent individuals...
- Short-term treatment of cocaine and/or methamphetamine abuse with vigabatrin: ocular safety pilot resultsRobert D Fechtner
Institute of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey New Jersey Medical School, 90 Bergen Street, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 124:1257-62. 2006..To evaluate the ocular safety of short-term use of vigabatrin to treat cocaine and/or methamphetamine addiction...
- Gamma-vinyl GABA, an irreversible inhibitor of GABA transaminase, alters the acquisition and expression of cocaine-induced sensitization in male ratsEliot L Gardner
Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Drug Abuse, NIH, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Synapse 46:240-50. 2002....
- Imaging addiction with PET: is insight in sight?Wynne K Schiffer
Department of Neurobiology and Behavior, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
Drug Discov Today 10:547-62. 2005..Thus, with this tool and the knowledge it provides, the potential for developing novel drugs and treatment strategies for drug addiction is now close at hand...
- Metabolic correlates of toluene abuse: decline and recovery of function in adolescent animalsWynne K Schiffer
Chemistry Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY 11973, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 186:159-67. 2006..Children and adolescents will readily abuse household products that contain solvents such as toluene. It is likely that reinforcing exposures to toluene alter brain glucose metabolism...