Affiliation: New York University
- Mechanical strain alters gene expression in an in vitro model of hypertrophic scarringChristopher A Derderian
Laboratory of Microvascular Research and Vascular Tissue Engineering, Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Ann Plast Surg 55:69-75; discussion 75. 2005..This "double burden" may underlie the pathophysiology of hypertrophic scars and other fibrotic processes in vivo...
- Acellular dermal matrix for temporary coverage of exposed critical neurovascular structures in extremity woundsNicholas Bastidas
New York University Medical Center, New York, New York 10016, USA
Ann Plast Surg 62:410-3. 2009..We describe the use of AlloDerm, an acellular dermis allograft, in providing temporary coverage of these structures in multistage reconstruction of the extremity...
- The "sweet science" of reducing periorbital lacerations in mixed martial artsNicholas Bastidas
New York University Medical Center, Institute of Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery, NY, USA
Ann Plast Surg 68:43-5. 2012..We propose that the convexity of the underlying supraorbital rim is responsible for the high frequency of lacerations in this region after blunt trauma and offer a method of reducing subsequent injury by reducing its prominence...
- A single-institution experience of hand surgery litigation in a major replantation centerNicholas Bastidas
New York University Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, New York, NY 10016, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 127:284-92. 2011..This study was conducted to analyze the cases involving hand surgery litigation related to trauma over the last 8 years at this institution...
- Power-assisted suction lipectomy of fasciocutaneous flaps in the extremitiesClaudia M Reuben
NYU Langone Medical Center, NYU School of Medicine, NY, USA
Ann Plast Surg 65:60-5. 2010..We suggest the use of power-assisted suction lipectomy for the debulking of fasciocutaneous flaps in the upper and lower extremities as a safe, effective, and efficient procedure...
- Uniaxial mechanical strain: an in vitro correlate to distraction osteogenesisKirit A Bhatt
Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
J Surg Res 143:329-36. 2007..We have used a uniaxial in vitro strain device to simulate the uniaxial mechanical environment of the interfragmentary distraction gap...
- Successful replantation of an amputated nose after dog bite injuryRoberto L Flores
Institute of Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery, New York University Medical Center/Bellevue Hospital Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 136:326-7. 2007
- Closed mallet thumb injury: a review of the literature and case study of the use of magnetic resonance imaging in deciding treatmentGeorges N Tabbal
Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 124:222-6. 2009..This discussion and case report serve to highlight the use of magnetic resonance imaging as an adjunct in selecting the proper treatment strategy for this injury at initial presentation...
- Topical vascular endothelial growth factor accelerates diabetic wound healing through increased angiogenesis and by mobilizing and recruiting bone marrow-derived cellsRobert D Galiano
Laboratory for Microvascular Research and Vascular Tissue Engineering, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Am J Pathol 164:1935-47. 2004..Thus, VEGF therapy may be useful in the treatment of diabetic complications characterized by impaired neovascularization...