Affiliation: New York University School of Medicine
- Psychiatric assessment of aggressive patients: a violent attack on a residentDaniel Antonius
New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Am J Psychiatry 167:253-9. 2010..This report illustrates common deficiencies in the prevention of violence on inpatient psychiatric units and in the reporting and response to an assault, and has implications for residency and clinician training...
- White matter integrity and lack of insight in schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorderDaniel Antonius
Department of Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Schizophr Res 128:76-82. 2011..Despite the importance of this issue, the neural correlates of insight deficits in schizophrenia remain poorly understood...
- Olfaction and cognition in schizophrenia: sex mattersDolores Malaspina
Institute for Social and Psychiatric Initiatives, New York University School of Medicine, 500 1st Ave, NBV 22N14, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 24:165-75. 2012..These findings indicate significant sex differences in olfactory processing in schizophrenia. Combining the sexes in research analyses may obscure important differences...
- Assessing the heterogeneity of aggressive behavior traits: exploratory and confirmatory analyses of the reactive and instrumental aggression Personality Assessment Inventory (PAI) scalesDaniel Antonius
New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Violence Vict 28:587-601. 2013..Overall, the exploratory and confirmatory analyses supported the existence of two latent PAI factor structures, which delineate personality traits related to reactive and instrumental aggression...
- Inpatients with schizophrenia report impaired situational motivation but intact global and social motivationFabien Tremeau
Nathan S Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research, 140 Old Orangeburg Road, Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA Department of Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA Rockland Psychiatric Center, Orangeburg, NY, USA Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 210:43-9. 2013..Improving situational motivation may be an effective therapeutic approach in people with schizophrenia. ..
- Schizophrenia comorbid with panic disorder: evidence for distinct cognitive profilesErica Kirsten Rapp
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Psychiatry Res 197:206-11. 2012..These data offer further support for a definable panic-psychosis subtype and suggest new etiological pathways for future research...
- Olfactory processing, sex effects and heterogeneity in schizophreniaDolores Malaspina
New York University School of Medicine, Institute for Social and Psychiatric Initiatives, 500 1st Avenue, NBV 22N10, New York, NY 10016, USA
Schizophr Res 135:144-51. 2012....
- Negative symptoms, past and present: a historical perspective and moving to DSM-5Dolores Malaspina
Institute for Social and Psychiatric Initiatives InSPIRES, Department of Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine, NY, USA Creedmoor Psychiatric Center, NY State Office of Mental Health, NY, USA Electronic address
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 24:710-24. 2014..Finally, this paper includes descriptions of the negative symptom items from over a dozen different scales. ..
- Multivoxel proton MR spectroscopy used to distinguish anterior cingulate metabolic abnormalities in patients with schizophreniaCaitlin J Hardy
Department of Radiology, New York University School of Medicine, 660 First Ave, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10016, USA
Radiology 261:542-50. 2011..To test the hypothesis that anterior cingulate cortex (ACC) subregions in patients with schizophrenia are metabolically different from those in healthy control subjects...
- Avolition and expressive deficits capture negative symptom phenomenology: implications for DSM-5 and schizophrenia researchJulie W Messinger
Institute for Social and Psychiatric Initiatives InSPIRES, Department of Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Clin Psychol Rev 31:161-8. 2011..We recommend that these two domains should be assessed as separate dimensions in the DSM-5 criteria...
- Development and preliminary validation of the Level of Care Index (LOCI) from the Personality Assessment Inventory (PAI) in a psychiatric sampleSamuel Justin Sinclair
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Psychol Assess 25:606-17. 2013..The clinical implications of these findings and potential utility of the LOCI are discussed...
- Trauma centrality and PTSD in veterans returning from Iraq and AfghanistanAdam D Brown
Medical College of Cornell University, Department of Psychiatry, Functional Neuroimaging Laboratory, 525 East 68th Street, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Trauma Stress 23:496-9. 2010..This study replicates and extends findings that placing trauma at the center of one's identity is associated with PTSD symptomatology...