Affiliation: New York University
- HIV peripheral neuropathy and foot care management: a review of assessment and relevant guidelinesJoyce K Anastasi
Joyce K Anastasi is an Independence Foundation endowed professor and founding director of the Division of Special Studies in Symptom Management DS3M at the New York University College of Nursing in New York City, where Bernadette Capili is an assistant professor and associate director of the DS3M, and Michelle Chang is a research associate at the DS3M Contact author Joyce K Anastasi, The authors and planners have disclosed no potential conflicts of interest, financial or otherwise
Am J Nurs 113:34-40; quiz 41. 2013..This article reviews what is known about DSP neuropathy in HIV and discusses relevant foot care guidelines, adopted from the literature on other conditions associated with neuropathic foot disorders...
- Managing irritable bowel syndromeJoyce K Anastasi
New York University College of Nursing, New York City, NY, USA
Am J Nurs 113:42-52; quiz 54, 53. 2013..The authors review current approaches to treatment and discuss nursing implications...
- Nausea and vomiting in HIV/AIDSJoyce K Anastasi
Division of Special Studies in Symptom Management, New York University, New York 10010, USA
Gastroenterol Nurs 34:15-24. 2011..This article highlights the mechanism, evaluation, and management of HIV-associated nausea and vomiting. Supportive symptom management information is also presented...
- Protocol- vs Patient-Oriented TCM Practices: A RCT for IBS Symptom ManagementJOYCE ANASTASI; Fiscal Year: 2009..The methodology employed seeks to evaluate a Protocol-oriented (standard) vs. a Patient-oriented (individualized) protocol using traditional Chinese medicine practices in a RCT. ..
- Protocol- vs Patient-Oriented TCM Practices: A RCT for IBS Symptom ManagementJoyce K Anastasi; Fiscal Year: 2010..The methodology employed seeks to evaluate a Protocol-oriented (standard) vs. a Patient-oriented (individualized) protocol using traditional Chinese medicine practices in a RCT. ..
- Acupuncture for Chronic Nausea in Pts with HIV: A RCTJOYCE ANASTASI; Fiscal Year: 2007..Pilot study results and data analytic objectives indicate the need for 53 subjects per group to ensure 80% power < 1% Type I error rate, and 16% attrition, 20% placebo effect. ..
- ACUPUNCTURE & MOXA FOR CHRONIC DIARRHEA IN HIV PTSJOYCE ANASTASI; Fiscal Year: 2002..05% by the method of Holm (1979) and a 20% attrition factor indicates the need for 36 subjects assigned to each condition to detect a 0.95-standardized difference between the most extreme experimental conditions. ..