Affiliation: New York University
- Prosody and lexical accuracy in flat affect schizophreniaM Alpert
Department of Psychiatry, HN 323, New York University Medical Center, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Psychiatry Res 97:107-18. 2000..The behavioral deficiency in flat affect appears to be restricted to reduced activity in communicative motor channels. Other aspects of emotion processing seem intact...
- Reflections of depression in acoustic measures of the patient's speechM Alpert
Department of Psychiatry, Room HN 323, NYU Medical Center, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Affect Disord 66:59-69. 2001..Also, results have been less ambiguous if homogeneous groups of agitated or retarded depressed patients were examined...
- A comparison of clinical ratings with vocal acoustic measures of flat affect and alogiaMurray Alpert
Department of Psychiatry, New York University Medical Center, HN323, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Psychiatr Res 36:347-53. 2002..Acoustic analysis has the potential to provide objective measures that may help develop operational definitions of these constructs and enhance clinical assessment...
- A rating scale for disruptive behavior disorders, based on the DSM-IV item poolRaul R Silva
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, NYU School of Medicine, New York 10016, USA
Psychiatr Q 76:327-39. 2005..There was a great deal of comorbidity among diagnostic groups...
- Comparison of sertraline and nortriptyline in the treatment of major depressive disorder in late lifeW Bondareff
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Geriatric Psychiatry, USC School Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Am J Psychiatry 157:729-36. 2000..This study was designed to evaluate the comparative efficacy and safety of sertraline and nortriptyline for the treatment of major depressive disorder in older adults...
- Changes in posed facial expression of emotion across the adult life spanJoan C Borod
Department of Psychology, Queens College, and the Graduate Center of the City University of New York, Flushing, New York 11367, USA
Exp Aging Res 30:305-31. 2004..The results are discussed in terms of theoretical models of aging...
- Computerized measurement of negative symptoms in schizophreniaAlex S Cohen
Department of Psychology, University of Maryland, College Park, MD, USA
J Psychiatr Res 42:827-36. 2008..Both the computer and clinical measures of positive emotion/anhedonia corresponded to functioning impairments. The computerized method of assessing negative symptoms offered a number of advantages over the symptom scale-based approach...