John S Patton
Affiliation: Nektar Therapeutics
- Inhaling medicines: delivering drugs to the body through the lungsJohn S Patton
Nektar Therapeutics, 150 Industrial Road, San Carlos, California 94070, USA
Nat Rev Drug Discov 6:67-74. 2007..Here, we review these advances, and discuss aspects of lung physiology and formulation composition that influence the systemic delivery of inhaled therapeutics...
- Clinical pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of inhaled insulinJohn S Patton
Nektar Therapeutics, San Carlos, California 94070, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 43:781-801. 2004..Clinical experience to date indicates that inhaled insulin has the potential to be an effective treatment in patients with diabetes, and that it may have particular utility in the treatment of postprandial hyperglycaemia...
- A historical perspective on convergence technologyJohn S Patton
Nat Biotechnol 24:280-1. 2006
- The lungs as a portal of entry for systemic drug deliveryJohn S Patton
Nektar Therapeutics, Research Department, 150 Industrial Road, San Carlos, CA 94070, USA
Proc Am Thorac Soc 1:338-44. 2004..Small molecules can exhibit prolonged absorption if they are highly insoluble or highly cationic. Encapsulation in slow release particles such as liposomes can also be used to control absorption...
- Unlocking the opportunity of tight glycaemic control. Innovative delivery of insulin via the lungJohn S Patton
Nektar Therapeutics, 150 Industrial Road, San Carlos, CA 94070, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 7:S5-8. 2005..Delivering aerosolized drugs via the lungs avoids the necessity for SC injections and thereby may increase the patient's acceptability of an insulin-based therapeutic regimen...