Kim M Nazi
- Embracing a health services research perspective on personal health records: lessons learned from the VA My HealtheVet systemKim M Nazi
Veterans and Consumers Health Informatics Office, Office of Health Information, Veterans Health Administration, US Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington, DC, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:62-7. 2010..The potential for PHRs to facilitate patient-centered care and health system transformation underscores the importance of embracing a broader perspective on PHR research...
- The personal health record paradox: health care professionals' perspectives and the information ecology of personal health record systems in organizational and clinical settingsKim M Nazi
Veterans and Consumers Health Informatics Office, Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs, Albany NY 12208, USA
J Med Internet Res 15:e70. 2013..An exclusive focus on the PHR as a tool for consumer empowerment does not adequately take into account the social and organizational context of health care delivery, and the reciprocal nature of patient engagement...
- Evaluating patient access to Electronic Health Records: results from a survey of veteransKim M Nazi
Veterans and Consumers Health Informatics Office, Office of Informatics and Analytics, Veterans Health Administration, US Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington DC, USA
Med Care 51:S52-6. 2013..The goal of this study was to explore Veteran perceptions about this access to their medical records, including perceived value and effect on satisfaction, self-care, and communication...
- Use of electronic personal health record systems to encourage HIV screening: an exploratory study of patient and provider perspectivesD Keith McInnes
Center for Health Quality, Outcomes and Economic Research, ENRM VA Medical Center, Bedford, MA, USA
BMC Res Notes 4:295. 2011..abstract:..
- Veterans' voices: use of the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) Survey to identify My HealtheVet personal health record users' characteristics, needs, and preferencesKim M Nazi
Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans and Consumers Health Informatics Office, Office of Health Information, Veterans Health Administration, Washington, DC, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 17:203-11. 2010..Consumer research reveals considerable interest in the use of Personal Health Records (PHRs), yet adoption remains relatively low. Both adopters and nonadopters represent important perspectives from which to understand this paradox...
- Veteran internet use and engagement with health information onlineThomas K Houston
eHealth Quality Enhancement Research Initiative and Center for Health Quality, Outcomes and Economic Research, Department of Veterans Affairs, 200 Springs Road 152, Bedford, MA 01730, USA
Mil Med 178:394-400. 2013..Veterans in VA are using the Internet for health information, and there is an opportunity to engage them more...
- The journey to e-Health: VA Healthcare Network Upstate New York (VISN 2)Kim M Nazi
Network Knowledge Management Officer, VA Healthcare Network Upstate New York VISN 2, Knowledge Management Office, 113 Holland Avenue, Albany, New York 12208, USA
J Med Syst 27:35-45. 2003..Recommendations are offered for defining a strategic approach to e-Health for healthcare organizations...