Leonard M Tender
Affiliation: Naval Medical Center
- Harnessing microbially generated power on the seafloorLeonard M Tender
Center for Bio Molecular Science and Engineering, Naval Research Laboratory, Code 6900, 4555 Overlook Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20375, USA
Nat Biotechnol 20:821-5. 2002..These results demonstrate in real marine environments a new form of power generation that uses an immense, renewable energy reservoir (sedimentary organic carbon) and has near-immediate application...
- Long-range electron transport in Geobacter sulfurreducens biofilms is redox gradient-drivenRachel M Snider
National Research Council, Washington, DC 20001, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:15467-72. 2012..The majority of these redox cofactors, however, seem to have oxidation potentials too negative to be involved in electron transport when acetate is the electron source...
- Harvesting energy from the marine sediment-water interface II. Kinetic activity of anode materialsDaniel A Lowy
Nova Research, Inc, 1900 Elkin St, Alexandria, VA 22308, USA
Biosens Bioelectron 21:2058-63. 2006..These fuel cells generated ca. 5-fold greater current density than a previously characterized fuel cell equipped with a plain graphite anode, and operated at the same site...
- Electrochemical investigation of a microbial solar cell reveals a nonphotosynthetic biocathode catalystSarah M Strycharz-Glaven
Center for Bio Molecular Science and Engineering, U S Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, DC, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 79:3933-42. 2013..The relationship between the two communities must be further explored to fully realize the potential for MSC applications...
- Study of the mechanism of catalytic activity of G. sulfurreducens biofilm anodes during biofilm growthSarah M Strycharz-Glaven
Center for Bio Molecular Science and Engineering, Naval Research Laboratory, 4555 Overlook Ave, SW, Washington DC, 20375, USA
ChemSusChem 5:1106-18. 2012..2) Distinct voltammetric features are exhibited that reflect the presence of a redox cofactor expressed by cells that initially colonize an anode that is not involved in catalytic current generation...
- Electrode-reducing microorganisms that harvest energy from marine sedimentsDaniel R Bond
Department of Microbiology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Science 295:483-5. 2002..This finding not only provides a method for extracting energy from organic matter, but also suggests a strategy for promoting the bioremediation of organic contaminants in subsurface environments...
- Effect of electrode potential on electrode-reducing microbiotaDavid A Finkelstein
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
Environ Sci Technol 40:6990-5. 2006....
- Electron conduction across electrode-immobilized neutravidin bound with biotin-labeled ruthenium pentaamineSulay D Jhaveri
Nova Research, Inc, 1900 Elkin St, Alexandria, Virginia 22308, USA
J Am Chem Soc 126:6540-1. 2004....