Affiliation: Naval Medical Center
- The Bacillus anthracis chromosome contains four conserved, excision-proficient, putative prophagesShanmuga Sozhamannan
Biological Defense Research Directorate, Naval Medical Research Center, 503 Robert Grant Avenue, Silver Spring, Maryland 20852, USA
BMC Microbiol 6:34. 2006..The B. anthracis genome sequence contains four putative lambdoid prophages. We undertook this study in order to understand whether the four prophages are unique to B. anthracis and whether they produce active phages...
- Rapid identification of genetic modifications in Bacillus anthracis using whole genome draft sequences generated by 454 pyrosequencingPeter E Chen
Naval Medical Research Center, Biological Defense Research Directorate, Silver Spring, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e12397. 2010....
- Genetic variation and linkage disequilibrium in Bacillus anthracisMichael E Zwick
Biological Defense Research Directorate, Naval Medical Research Center, Silver Spring, MD, USA
Sci Rep 1:169. 2011..anthracis strains since the origin of the pathogen. This pattern of common genetic variation suggests a framework for recognizing new or genetically engineered strains...
- Molecular characterization of a variant of Bacillus anthracis-specific phage AP50 with improved bacteriolytic activityShanmuga Sozhamannan
Naval Medical Research Center, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:6792-6. 2008..Spontaneous AP50c-resistant B. anthracis mutants exhibit a mucoid colony phenotype...
- Arbovirus detection in insect vectors by rapid, high-throughput pyrosequencingKimberly A Bishop-Lilly
Biological Defense Research Directorate, Naval Medical Research Center, Silver Spring, Maryland, USA
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 4:e878. 2010..Therefore, these techniques may be unsuitable for situations when the causative agent of an outbreak is unknown...