Affiliation: Naval Medical Center
- An immunocytometric assay based on dengue infection via DC-SIGN permits rapid measurement of anti-dengue neutralizing antibodiesNicole C Martin
Naval Medical Research Center, 503 Robert Grant Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
J Virol Methods 134:74-85. 2006..Importantly, serotype-specific neutralizing activity against recently isolated dengue strains with less heterotypic cross-neutralization than laboratory adapted viruses was also demonstrated...
- Potential role for Toll-like receptor 4 in mediating Escherichia coli maltose-binding protein activation of dendritic cellsStefan Fernandez
Department of Virus Diseases, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Infect Immun 75:1359-63. 2007..These results provide insight into a mechanism by which MBP might enhance immune responses to vaccine fusion proteins...
- Short report: Antibody responses of mice immunized with a tetravalent dengue recombinant protein subunit vaccineM Simmons
Virology Program, Naval Medical Research Center, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910 7500, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 65:159-61. 2001....
- Characterization of antibody responses to combinations of a dengue virus type 2 DNA vaccine and two dengue virus type 2 protein vaccines in rhesus macaquesMonika Simmons
Viral Diseases Department, Naval Medical Research Center, Silver Spring, MD 20910 7500, USA
J Virol 80:9577-85. 2006..5 days), which also showed the highest antibody concentration, including antibodies to NS1, and highest antibody avidity at the time of challenge...
- Needle-free Biojector injection of a dengue virus type 1 DNA vaccine with human immunostimulatory sequences and the GM-CSF gene increases immunogenicity and protection from virus challenge in Aotus monkeysKanakatte Raviprakash
Viral Diseases Department, Naval Medical Research Center, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Virology 315:345-52. 2003..This is a significant improvement compared to our previous study in which one of three monkeys (33%) receiving just the DIME vaccine was completely protected from viremia at 6 months after immunization...
- Protection against dengue virus by non-replicating and live attenuated vaccines used together in a prime boost vaccination strategyMonika Simmons
Viral and Rickettsial Diseases Department, Naval Medical Research Center, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Virology 396:280-8. 2010..After challenge with each one of the four DENV serotypes, vaccinated animals exhibited no viremia but showed anamnestic antibody responses to the challenge viruses...
- Variable susceptibility of the owl monkey (Aotus nancymae) to four serotypes of dengue virusAnn M Schiavetta
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research Naval Medical Research Center, 53 Robert Grant Avenue, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910 7500, USA
Contemp Top Lab Anim Sci 42:12-20. 2003..Aotus can be an affordable and safe model for testing dengue vaccine efficacy; further testing with higher doses of dengue-2, -3 and -4 viruses is warranted...
- Evaluation of a prototype dengue-1 DNA vaccine in a Phase 1 clinical trialCharmagne G Beckett
Naval Medical Research Center, Viral and Rickettsial Diseases Department, Infectious Diseases Directorate, Silver Spring, MD, USA
Vaccine 29:960-8. 2011..The safety profile of the DENV-1 DNA vaccine is acceptable at both doses administered in the study. These results demonstrate a favorable reactogenicity and safety profile of the first in human evaluation of a DENV-1 DNA vaccine...