Joseph S Melinger
Affiliation: Naval Medical Center
- THz detection of small molecule vapors in the atmospheric transmission windowsJoseph S Melinger
Electronics Science and Technology Division, Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, DC 20375, USA
Opt Express 20:6788-807. 2012..The experiments presented here represent a first step towards using ultrashort THz pulses for coherent broad band detection of small molecule gases and vapors under ambient conditions...
- High-resolution waveguide terahertz spectroscopy of partially oriented organic polycrystalline filmsJoseph S Melinger
U S Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, District of Columbia 20375, USA
J Phys Chem A 111:10977-87. 2007....
- Temperature dependent characterization of terahertz vibrations of explosives and related threat materialsJoseph S Melinger
Naval Research Laboratory, Electronics Science and Technology Division, Washington, DC 20375, USA
Opt Express 18:27238-50. 2010..Finally, for HMX, a highly resolved vibrational spectrum is measured that is assigned to the metastable gamma polymorph...
- Quantum-dot/dopamine bioconjugates function as redox coupled assemblies for in vitro and intracellular pH sensingIgor L Medintz
Center for Bio Molecular Science and Engineering Code 6900, US Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, District of Columbia 20375, USA
Nat Mater 9:676-84. 2010..A detailed mechanism describing the QD quenching processes that is consistent with dopamine's inherent redox chemistry is presented...
- Fabrication of terahertz metamaterials by laser printingHeungsoo Kim
Naval Research Laboratory, 4555 Overlook Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20375, USA
Opt Lett 35:4039-41. 2010..These results demonstrate that laser printing is a practical alternative to conventional photolithography for fabricating metamaterial structures at terahertz frequencies, since it allows their design to be easily modified and optimized...
- Synthesis of light-harvesting dendrimers focally anchored with crown ethers or terpyridine ligandsYongchun Pan
Department of Chemistry, University of Missouri-Kansas City, MO 64110, USA
Org Biomol Chem 1:4465-70. 2003..Coordination of terpyridine ligands with Ru2+, however, does efficiently quench the fluorescence from the dendrons,albeit only the smallest dendron exhibits efficient binding...