Brian D Lawenda
Affiliation: Naval Medical Center
- Should supplemental antioxidant administration be avoided during chemotherapy and radiation therapy?Brian D Lawenda
Radiation Oncology Division, Breast Health Center, Naval Medical Center San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:773-83. 2008....
- Analysis of radiation therapy for the control of Merkel cell carcinoma of the head and neck based on 36 cases and a literature reviewBrian D Lawenda
Department of Radiation Oncology, Naval Medical Center San Diego, San Diego, CA 92134 1014, USA
Ear Nose Throat J 87:634-43. 2008..We also found a trend toward improved regional control of the clinically negative neck with the addition of radiation therapy...
- Lymphedema: a primer on the identification and management of a chronic condition in oncologic treatmentBrian D Lawenda
Radiation Oncology, Naval Medical Center, San Diego, CA, 92134, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 59:8-24. 2009..It is hoped that this review will convey the importance of the early identification and management of this incurable disorder because this is essential to minimizing its complications...
- Response to "Radiation therapeutic gain and Asian botanicals," by Stephen SagarBrian D Lawenda
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD, USA
Integr Cancer Ther 9:14-5. 2010..It will be important to evaluate these botanicals for efficacy, tumor specificity, and safety profiles before they can be recommended during radiation therapy...
- Do the dietary supplements epigallocatechin gallate or vitamin e cause a radiomodifying response on tumors in vivo? A pilot study with murine breast carcinomaBrian D Lawenda
Division of Radiation Oncology, Naval Medical Center, San Diego, CA 92134, USA
J Soc Integr Oncol 5:11-7. 2007..As supplementation with VE radioprotected normal tissue, additional studies on this putative benefit are recommended...
- Dose-volume analysis of radiotherapy for T1N0 invasive breast cancer treated by local excision and partial breast irradiation by low-dose-rate interstitial implantBrian D Lawenda
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 56:671-80. 2003..Thus, the tolerance of escalating doses of partial breast RT should be determined, because this approach may become a standard treatment for patients with early-stage breast cancer...
- Integrative oncology: tapping into a research goldmineBrian D Lawenda
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland, and The Breast Health Center, Naval Medical Center San Diego, San Diego, California 92134, USA
Cancer J 12:455-8. 2006