K C Earhart
Affiliation: Naval Medical Center
- Outbreak of influenza in highly vaccinated crew of U.S. Navy shipK C Earhart
Naval Medical Center San Diego, San Diego, California 92134, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 7:463-5. 2001..With an attack rate of 42%, this outbreak demonstrates the potential for rapid spread of influenza in a confined population and the impact subsequent illness may have upon the workplace...
- Hepatitis E virus infection in work horses in EgyptMagdi D Saad
Virology Research Program, United States Naval Medical Research Unit No 3, Cairo, Egypt
Infect Genet Evol 7:368-73. 2007..These data indicated that horses acquire HEV infection and suggest that cross-species transmission may occur. Whether horses play a role in the transmission of HEV needs further investigation...
- Bacillary angiomatosis in a patient with chronic lymphocytic leukemiaK Petersen
Infectious Diseases Division, National Naval Medical Center, 8901 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD 20889, USA
Infection 36:480-4. 2008..Cases usually occur in HIV infected individuals. We present a 60-year-old man with chronic lymphocytic leukemia and neutropenic fever caused by bacillary angiomatosis. The nine BA cases in oncology patients are reviewed...
- HIV infection and associated risk factors among long-distance truck drivers travelling through AzerbaijanB A Botros
US Naval Medical Research Unit No 3, Cairo, Egypt
Int J STD AIDS 20:477-82. 2009..Eleven of 13 samples were subtype A. In conclusion, HIV was highly associated with IDU and MSM. The detected HIV subtypes A and B are those predominant in the former Soviet Union...
- Prevalence and correlates of risky sexual behaviors among injection drug users in Tashkent, UzbekistanC S Todd
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
AIDS Care 19:122-9. 2007..Risky sexual behaviors are common and interrelated with risky injection habits among IDUs in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, representing a continued threat of infection with HIV and other blood-borne agents...