Genomes and Genes
Chien Chung Chao
Affiliation: Naval Medical Center
- Comparative proteomic analysis of antibiotic-sensitive and insensitive isolates of Orientia tsutsugamushiChien Chung Chao
Viral and Rickettsial Diseases Department, Infectious Diseases Directorate, Naval Medical Research Center, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1166:27-37. 2009..These data confirm the tremendous proteomic diversity of isolates of Orientia and suggest that drug insensitivity in this species may arise from multiple mechanisms...
- Analysis of the cross-reactivity of various 56 kDa recombinant protein antigens with serum samples collected after Orientia tsutsugamushi infection by ELISAChien Chung Chao
Viral and Rickettsial Diseases Department, Infectious Diseases Directorate, Naval Medical Research Center, 503 Robert Grant Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 84:967-72. 2011..A formulation of this combination has the potential to provide broad protection against the heterologous challenge and to be used in a highly sensitive diagnostic assay...
- Proteome analysis of Madrid E strain of Rickettsia prowazekiiChien Chung Chao
Rickettsial Diseases Department, Infectious Diseases Directorate, Naval Medical Research Center, Silver Spring, MD 20910 7500, USA
Proteomics 4:1280-92. 2004..The reproducible and convenient methodology and the information described here have provided a foundation for future proteome study of various R. prowazekii strains with different virulence...
- Kinetics and magnitude of antibody responses against the conserved 47-kilodalton antigen and the variable 56-kilodalton antigen in scrub typhus patientsHua Wei Chen
Naval Medical Research Center, 503 Robert Grant Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 18:1021-7. 2011..This is the first systematic investigation of antibody response kinetics against the conserved 47-kDa antigen versus the variable 56-kDa antigen in scrub typhus patients...
- Short- and long-term immune responses of CD-1 outbred mice to the scrub typhus DNA vaccine candidate: p47KpGuang Xu
Rickettsial Diseases Department, Naval Medical Research Center, Silver Spring, MD 20910 7500, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1063:266-9. 2005..Our laboratory has demonstrated that the DNA vaccine vector pVR1012 carrying the O. tsutsugamushi Karp strain 47-kDa protein gene (p47Kp) consistently provides outbred mice protection against homologous challenge...
- Serological reactivity and biochemical characterization of methylated and unmethylated forms of a recombinant protein fragment derived from outer membrane protein B of Rickettsia typhiChien Chung Chao
Viral and Rickettsial Diseases Department, Infectious Diseases Directorate, Naval Medical Research Center, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 15:684-90. 2008..These results suggest that rAt, with or without methylation, can potentially replace rickettsia-derived OmpB or whole-cell antigen for the diagnosis of R. typhi infection...
- Insight into the virulence of Rickettsia prowazekii by proteomic analysis and comparison with an avirulent strainChien Chung Chao
Viral and Rickettsial Diseases Department Infectious Diseases Directorate, Naval Medical Research Center, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1774:373-81. 2007..This result suggests the possible relationship between this gene product and the virulence of the strains...
- Identification of cross-reactive epitopes on the conserved 47-kilodalton antigen of Orientia tsutsugamushi and human serine proteaseHua Wei Chen
Naval Medical Research Center, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Infect Immun 77:2311-9. 2009....
- Epidemiology of spotted fever group and typhus group rickettsial infection in the Amazon basin of PeruBrett M Forshey
U S Naval Medical Research Center Detachment, Iquitos and Lima, Peru
Am J Trop Med Hyg 82:683-90. 2010..These data suggest that rickettsial transmission is widespread in Iquitos. Rickettsia species should be further explored as potential causes of acute febrile illnesses in the region...
- Development of new, broadly reactive, rapid IgG and IgM lateral flow assays for diagnosis of scrub typhusSaowaluk Silpasakorn
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Am J Trop Med Hyg 87:148-52. 2012..Specificities were 85.5% (95% CI = 73.9-92.2%) and 96.8% (95% CI = 90.3-100%), respectively. Both assays were more sensitive and specific than the standard immune immunofluorescence assay for the early diagnosis of scrub typhus...