Christina J Valentine
Affiliation: Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Nutritional management of the breastfeeding dyadChristina J Valentine
Perinatal Institute, Division of Neonatology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 60:261-74. 2013..Exclusive breastfeeding meets the nutritional needs of infants for 6 months of life with the exception of vitamins D and K, which should be given to breastfed infants as supplements...
- Early amino-acid administration improves preterm infant weightC J Valentine
Department of Pediatrics, Neonatal Nutrition Team, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
J Perinatol 29:428-32. 2009....
- Docosahexaenoic Acid and Amino Acid Contents in Pasteurized Donor Milk are Low for Preterm InfantsChristina J Valentine
Neonatal Nutrition Team, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
J Pediatr 157:906-10. 2010..To evaluate whether pasteurized donor human milk meets the nutritional needs of preterm infants in terms of free fatty acid and amino acid contents...
- Randomized controlled trial of docosahexaenoic acid supplementation in midwestern U.S. Human milk donorsChristina J Valentine
University of Cincinnati Children s Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Breastfeed Med 8:86-91. 2013..We tested the hypothesis that DHA supplementation of donor mothers would provide preterm infants with DHA intake equivalent to fetal accretion...
- Maternal docosahexaenoic acid supplementation decreases lung inflammation in hyperoxia-exposed newborn miceLynette K Rogers
Center for Perinatal Research, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
J Nutr 141:214-22. 2011..In mice, DHA supplementation decreases leukocyte infiltration in the offspring exposed to hyperoxia, suggesting a potential role for DHA supplementation as a therapy to reduce inflammation in preterm infants...
- Maternal dietary DHA supplementation to improve inflammatory outcomes in the preterm infantChristina J Valentine
Division of Neonatology, Perinatal, and Pulmonary Biology, Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Human Milk and Lactation, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Adv Nutr 3:370-6. 2012..The combined effects of suboptimal intake of both DHA and protein in the preterm infants could have substantial clinical consequences...
- Enhancing parenteral nutrition therapy for the neonateChristina J Valentine
Neonatal Nutrition Team, Section of Neonatology, Pharmacy Department, Columbus Children s Hospital, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Nutr Clin Pract 22:183-93. 2007..Potential strategies aimed at enhancing PN therapy in the neonate are highlighted in this review, and a summary of guidelines for practical management is included...
- Impact of feeding strategies on the frequency and clearance of acid and nonacid gastroesophageal reflux events in dysphagic neonatesSudarshan R Jadcherla
Section of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 36:449-55. 2012....