Affiliation: Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Chronic daily headache, medication overuse, and obesity in children and adolescentsAnn Pakalnis
Departments of Pediatrics and Neurology, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
J Child Neurol 27:577-80. 2012..This contrasts with adult data, which have suggested a closer link between chronic migraine and obesity and have not supported a link with chronic tension-type headache...
- Serotonin effects on sleep and emotional disorders in adolescent migraineAnn Pakalnis
Department of Neurology, Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH, USA
Headache 49:1486-92. 2009..To determine the relationship of whole blood serotonin, caffeine consumption, and frequency of sleep and mood disorders...
- Headaches and hormonesAnn Pakalnis
Columbus Childrens Hospital, Columbus, OH, USA
Semin Pediatr Neurol 17:100-4. 2010..Menstrual migraine will often present in the teenage years. Oral contraceptives may worsen or ameliorate headache. This article will introduce these concepts and help the reader become familiar with the role of hormones in headache...
- Emotional problems and prevalence of medication overuse in pediatric chronic daily headacheAnn Pakalnis
Department of Pediatrics and Neurology, Ohio State University, College of Medicine, Columbus 43205, USA
J Child Neurol 22:1356-9. 2007..Patients with chronic daily headache were at higher risk for emotional disorders, and medication overuse was a significant occurrence, suggesting a need for multisystem treatment approach...
- Headache therapy with botulinum toxin: form over substanceAnn Pakalnis
Department of Pediatrics, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Arch Neurol 65:149-51. 2008
- Sociodemographic differences in diagnosis and treatment of pediatric headacheJack Stevens
Department of Pediatrics, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
J Child Neurol 25:435-40. 2010..Finally, only 37% of the headache visits involved a prescription of an evidence-based medication. The authors conclude that some sociodemographic disparities exist in pediatric headache care across the United States...