Affiliation: Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Pediatric stroke outcome measure: predictor of multiple impairments in childhood strokeWarren Lo
Division of Neurology, Department of Pediatrics, The Ohio State University and Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, USA
J Child Neurol 29:1524-30. 2014..The total Measure can be used to anticipate poor outcomes in multiple domains after stroke and can help the clinician in the treatment of children as they recover...
- Outcomes in children with hemorrhagic strokeWarren D Lo
Department of Neurology, The Ohio State University, OH, USA
JAMA Neurol 70:66-71. 2013....
- Childhood hemorrhagic stroke: an important but understudied problemWarren D Lo
Department of Pediatrics and Neurology, The Ohio State University, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, USA
J Child Neurol 26:1174-85. 2011..We identify key topics for future basic and clinical research. Findings from future studies will help improve our ability to optimize treatment for and long-term rehabilitation of these patients...
- Intracranial hemorrhage in children: an evolving spectrumWarren D Lo
Department of Pediatrics, The Ohio State University, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Room EDU 533, 700 Children s Dr, Columbus, OH 43205 2654, USA
Arch Neurol 65:1629-33. 2008..Nontraumatic intracranial hemorrhages (ICHs) are uncommon in children, but are important causes of death and injury...
- Pediatric stroke in the United States and the impact of risk factorsWarren Lo
Department of Pediatrics and Neurology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43205 2664, USA
J Child Neurol 24:194-203. 2009..This study confirms a male predominance for stroke. The odds for hospitalization with a stroke diagnosis are greatest in very young and older adolescent males. Hemorrhage is an important stroke subtype in children...
- Towards a consensus-based classification of childhood arterial ischemic strokeTimothy J Bernard
Sections of Child Neurology and Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center, Department of Pediatrics, School of Public Health, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO, USA
Stroke 43:371-7. 2012..In contrast, current classification and nomenclature in childhood AIS are often overlapping or contradictory. Our purpose was to develop a comprehensive consensus-based classification system for childhood AIS...
- Social competence following neonatal and childhood strokeWarren Lo
Division of Neurology, Department of Pediatrics, The Ohio State University and Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH, USA
Int J Stroke 9:1037-44. 2014..Previous studies suggest that social functioning (outcomes) may be impaired after childhood stroke, but research is limited...
- Concurrent validity and reliability of retrospective scoring of the Pediatric National Institutes of Health Stroke ScaleLauren A Beslow
Division of Neurology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Colket Translational Research Building, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Stroke 43:341-5. 2012..The study objective was to assess the concurrent validity and reliability of estimating the PedNIHSS score retrospectively from medical records...
- The cost of pediatric stroke acute care in the United StatesElizabeth Perkins
Department of Pediatrics and the Center for Biostatistics, The Ohio State University and Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Stroke 40:2820-7. 2009..We examined the relationship between cost and stroke type by adjusting for variables that predict the cost of adult stroke...
- Cognitive outcomes following arterial ischemic stroke in infants and childrenChristine A Hajek
Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH, USA
J Child Neurol 29:887-94. 2014..14 to -.32 Volume). Following arterial ischemic stroke, children performed at the low end of the average range on measures of cognitive functioning. Cognitive outcomes depend on a variety of factors. ..
- Interrater reliability of the Pediatric National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (PedNIHSS) in a multicenter studyRebecca N Ichord
Department of Neurology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Colket Translational Research Building 10th Floor, 3501 Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Stroke 42:613-7. 2011..Clinical trials for childhood stroke require a valid and reliable acute clinical stroke scale. We evaluated interrater reliability (IRR) of a pediatric adaptation of the National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale...
- Use of alteplase in childhood arterial ischaemic stroke: a multicentre, observational, cohort studyCatherine Amlie-Lefond
Department of Neurology, Division of Pediatric Neurology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Lancet Neurol 8:530-6. 2009....
- Acute pediatric stroke: contributors to institutional costColin M Turney
Division of Neurology, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH, USA
Stroke 42:3219-25. 2011..We examined an administrative database that collected charges from 24 US children's hospitals to determine the sources of costs for acute hospital care of stroke...
- Sociodemographic differences in diagnosis and treatment of pediatric headacheJack Stevens
Department of Pediatrics, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
J Child Neurol 25:435-40. 2010..Finally, only 37% of the headache visits involved a prescription of an evidence-based medication. The authors conclude that some sociodemographic disparities exist in pediatric headache care across the United States...
- The cost of pediatric stroke care and rehabilitationWarren Lo
Department of Pediatrics, The Ohio State University, Children s Hospital, 700 Children s Dr, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Stroke 39:161-5. 2008..We examined costs for poststroke care during the first year after diagnosis and compared these costs with the volume of the cerebral infarct and the level of neurological and functional outcome...
- Antithrombotic treatment in neonatal cerebral sinovenous thrombosis: results of the International Pediatric Stroke StudyLori C Jordan
Department of Neurology, Division of Pediatric Neurology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Pediatr 156:704-10, 710.e1-710.e2. 2010..To identify predictors of antithrombotic treatment in neonates with cerebral sinovenous thrombosis (CSVT) in a large multinational study...
- Updates and future horizons on the understanding, diagnosis, and treatment of Sturge-Weber syndrome brain involvementWarren Lo
Department of Pediatrics, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH, USA
Dev Med Child Neurol 54:214-23. 2012..To review recent developments in the understanding, diagnosis, and treatment of Sturge-Weber syndrome (SWS)...