Sarah A Keim
Affiliation: Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Breast Milk Sharing via the Internet: The Practice and Health and Safety ConsiderationsSarah A Keim
Center for Biobehavioral Health, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, 700 Children s Drive, JW4999, Columbus, OH, 43205, USA
Matern Child Health J 18:1471-9. 2014..This lack of communication may exacerbate the health risks to recipient infants, especially infants at increased risk due to pre-existing health conditions. ..
- Microbial contamination of human milk purchased via the InternetSarah A Keim
700 Children s Dr, Columbus, OH 43205
Pediatrics 132:e1227-35. 2013..To quantify microbial contamination of human milk purchased via the Internet as an indicator of disease risk to recipient infants...
- Breastfeeding and long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid intake in the first 4 post-natal months and infant cognitive development: an observational studySarah A Keim
Department of Epidemiology Department of Maternal and Child Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Matern Child Nutr 8:471-82. 2012..We found no evidence of enhanced infant development related to the LCPUFA content of breast milk or formula consumed during the first four post-natal months...
- Injuries associated with bottles, pacifiers, and sippy cups in the United States, 1991-2010Sarah A Keim
Center for Biobehavioral Health, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
Pediatrics 129:1104-10. 2012..To describe the epidemiology of injuries related to bottles, pacifiers, and sippy cups among young children in the United States...
- Gestational weight gain and child cognitive developmentSarah A Keim
The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Center for Biobehavioral Health, Columbus, OH, USA
Int J Epidemiol 41:414-22. 2012..The Institute of Medicine (IOM) recently revised gestational weight gain (GWG) guidelines, yet little is known about the association between extremes of GWG and child cognition...
- A prospective study of maternal anxiety, perceived stress, and depressive symptoms in relation to infant cognitive developmentSarah A Keim
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Department of Epidemiology, Chapel Hill, NC, United States
Early Hum Dev 87:373-80. 2011....
- Depressive symptoms during pregnancy and the concentration of fatty acids in breast milkSarah A Keim
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
J Hum Lact 28:189-95. 2012..This may have implications for the timing of screening and interventions for perinatal depression and the nutritional value of breast milk...
- DHA supplementation: current implications in pregnancy and childhoodLynette K Rogers
Center for Perinatal Research, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, 700 Children s Dr, Department of Pediatrics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, United States
Pharmacol Res 70:13-9. 2013..However, optimal composition of the supplement and dosing and treatment strategies still need to be determined to lend support for routine supplementation...