Sarah A Keim
Affiliation: Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Breast milk sharing via the internet: the practice and health and safety considerationsSarah A Keim
Center for Biobehavioral Health, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, 700 Children s Drive, JW4999, Columbus, OH, 43205, USA
Matern Child Health J 18:1471-9. 2014..This lack of communication may exacerbate the health risks to recipient infants, especially infants at increased risk due to pre-existing health conditions...
- Microbial contamination of human milk purchased via the InternetSarah A Keim
700 Children s Dr, Columbus, OH 43205
Pediatrics 132:e1227-35. 2013..To quantify microbial contamination of human milk purchased via the Internet as an indicator of disease risk to recipient infants...
- Breastfeeding and long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid intake in the first 4 post-natal months and infant cognitive development: an observational studySarah A Keim
Department of Epidemiology Department of Maternal and Child Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Matern Child Nutr 8:471-82. 2012..We found no evidence of enhanced infant development related to the LCPUFA content of breast milk or formula consumed during the first four post-natal months...
- Injuries associated with bottles, pacifiers, and sippy cups in the United States, 1991-2010Sarah A Keim
Center for Biobehavioral Health, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
Pediatrics 129:1104-10. 2012..To describe the epidemiology of injuries related to bottles, pacifiers, and sippy cups among young children in the United States...
- Gestational weight gain and child cognitive developmentSarah A Keim
The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Center for Biobehavioral Health, Columbus, OH, USA
Int J Epidemiol 41:414-22. 2012..The Institute of Medicine (IOM) recently revised gestational weight gain (GWG) guidelines, yet little is known about the association between extremes of GWG and child cognition...
- A prospective study of maternal anxiety, perceived stress, and depressive symptoms in relation to infant cognitive developmentSarah A Keim
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Department of Epidemiology, Chapel Hill, NC, United States
Early Hum Dev 87:373-80. 2011....
- Depressive symptoms during pregnancy and the concentration of fatty acids in breast milkSarah A Keim
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
J Hum Lact 28:189-95. 2012..This may have implications for the timing of screening and interventions for perinatal depression and the nutritional value of breast milk...
- Breastmilk sharing: awareness and participation among women in the Moms2Moms StudySarah A Keim
1 Center for Biobehavioral Health, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio
Breastfeed Med 9:398-406. 2014..The objectives of the Moms2Moms Study were to estimate the proportions of mothers who were aware of breastmilk sharing, considered sharing, and shared milk and to identify associated maternal and child characteristics...
- DHA supplementation: current implications in pregnancy and childhoodLynette K Rogers
Center for Perinatal Research, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, 700 Children s Dr, Department of Pediatrics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, United States
Pharmacol Res 70:13-9. 2013..However, optimal composition of the supplement and dosing and treatment strategies still need to be determined to lend support for routine supplementation...