Affiliation: Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Employing MCMC under the PPL framework to analyze sequence data in large pedigreesYungui Huang
Battelle Center for Mathematical Medicine, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital Columbus, OH, USA
Front Genet 4:59. 2013..We illustrate both the positional mapping template, as well as the efficacy of the hybrid algorithm, in application to a single large pedigree with phenotypes simulated under a two-locus trait model...
- Association statistics under the PPL frameworkYungui Huang
The Battelle Center for Mathematical Medicine, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
Genet Epidemiol 34:835-45. 2010..Here we examine the performance of the proposed LD statistics using simulated data, as well as assessing the effects of key modeling violations on this performance...
- SRGAP1 is a candidate gene for papillary thyroid carcinoma susceptibilityHuiling He
Human Cancer Genetics Program and Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics, Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:E973-80. 2013..Papillary thyroid carcinoma (PTC) shows high heritability, yet efforts to find predisposing genes have been largely negative...
- KELVIN: a software package for rigorous measurement of statistical evidence in human geneticsVeronica J Vieland
Battelle Center for Mathematical Medicine, Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Ohio State University, 700 Children s Drive, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Hum Hered 72:276-88. 2011....
- Discussing gene-gene interaction: warning--translating equations to English may result in jabberwockyChristopher W Bartlett
Center for Quantitative and Computational Biology and Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Genet Epidemiol 31:S61-7. 2007..The difficulty of using (primarily) affected sib pair data in a gene x gene interaction analysis is explored...
- Meta-analysis of repository data: impact of data regularization on NIMH schizophrenia linkage resultsKimberly A Walters
Battelle Center for Mathematical Medicine, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e84696. 2014..These results have implications for analyses based on other types of data (e.g., case-control GWAS or sequencing data) as well as data obtained from other repositories. ..
- Exploiting gene x gene interaction in linkage analysisYungui Huang
Center for Quantitative and Computational Biology, Columbus Children s Research Institute, 700 Children s Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
BMC Proc 1:S64. 2007..This suggests that gene x gene interactions could be effectively used in quantitative trait analyses even when families have been ascertained as ASPs for a related dichotomous trait...
- A multilocus model of the genetic architecture of autoimmune thyroid disorder, with clinical implicationsVeronica J Vieland
Battelle Center for Mathematical Medicine, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Am J Hum Genet 82:1349-56. 2008..This model has several clinical implications, which we believe will prove relevant to other complex diseases as well...